50lb of crushed grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramjam

Hopfen und Malz Gott erhalts
Reaction score
about a week ago i purchased a 50lb sack of grain from a local brewpub, just opened them up today to find they have already been milled! how long will they save? the mill wasn’t very good still had to run it through my own mill.

about a week ago i purchased a 50lb sack of grain from a local brewpub, just opened them up today to find they have already been milled! how long will they save? the mill wasn’t very good still had to run it through my own mill.

If kept airtight they'll last quite a while.

maybe it will be alright, they had pallets of grain everywhere in there so i guess they keep it for some time, i was just suprised when it was pre milled like that, it is two track pilsner btw

If it were mine it would only save 2-3 months and I'd have it all used up. If you keep it dry it will keep for quite a while. Brew often and use it up.

glad to hear that, i use alot of pils malt so i should be able to use it up fairly quickly

Back