• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota 50A back to back 3-vessel Electric Brewery HERMS / Sanitary setup for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbeckwith

Reaction score
Update: SOLD

Selling my awesome 3-vessel 20 gallon HERMS Electric Brewery!

Why would I ever do such a thing?! We are moving and need to seriously downsize due to space concerns. So I'm going BIAB with one vessel and propane for now. It pains me, but we don't see a time soon where the space and electrical requirements will be met for this 50 amp system.

The heart and soul of this setup is Kal's (theelectricbrewery.com) 50A back-to-back control panel. I can't say enough about how fool-proof and awesome this panel is. The inside is meticulous and awe-inspiring. It requires a serious 50A circuit, 6 guage 4 strand wiring and a GFCI (mine included).

I designed my own sanitary fitting-based manifold for controlling brew day. The goal was minimizing moving hoses/connections during brewing, essentially making it closed, and make cleaning a snap. This is achieved by a system of two pumps and 3 way valves to direct traffic. It's super easy to heat to temp, mash in, recirculate, sparge, boil, whirlpool and more. While you are boiling you can be heating strike water for the next batch or cleaning water for the end of the day. You can clean/pbw/sanitize from right to left, without having to lift a single container. Get a fermenter on wheels, and you won't even have to lift that. We've repeatedly produced awesome beer from this setup, and you will too.

I've developed easy procedures to prime pumps, and make brew day easy. The included sight-glass is the best part. It gives you a very accurate color representation of your finished beer. It's one of my favorite parts of the process: mash-in, re-start recirculation, and watch it clarify. Hour to hour and a half later it's ready to mash out and sparge.

This sale is for the complete setup - 3 vessels, all sanitary fittings, heating elements, control panel, cords, temp probes, table, chiller, tubing, extras that you may want/need.

I'm keeping my fermenters, small tools, etc, as I'm swapping this out with a smaller one-vessel outdoor setup (don't have easy access to re-route power at the new place). You are welcome to swing by and check it out. We can get some water through it, turn it on, etc. Moving in mid-August, so after that, I won't have it hooked up for inspection.

Attached is a parts list with pricing for reference. I'd like to get about $5,000 for it - but willing to entertain reasonable offers. The price includes everything in the picutres/list and inevitably a few things I left out. This is everything you need to brew beer minus ingredients, some wiring work, and a fermenter. Speaking of fermenters, I have a MoreBeer.com 14 gallon temp controlled conical fermenter I'm selling as well. Willing to negotiate a reasonable offer on that too. I have a few other odds and ends that I'm willing to part with as well when you come to pick up (some glass carboys, misc extra instruments, etc)

Parts List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fIB8ULvD3v177UY_1YUg7sz4nhjgj0j72loVVqZQ_aI/edit?usp=sharing

img_0465.jpg

img_0476.jpg

img_0482.jpg

img_0483.jpg

img_0484.jpg

img_0599.jpg

img_0603.jpg

img_0611.jpg

img_0612.jpg

img_0616.jpg

I have an excel for those interested, otherwise I'll be translating that here soon.

The conical I'm selling is selling for $1895 new at MoreBeer.com - this one has the leg extensions, wheels, yeast collector, co2 adapter/gauge.

I'd ask $1400 for it. It's been used about 10 times.

If you lived close enough i would drive over and hand you cash right now.

any chance you are moving to CA?

Ricechex75 - there are two tables actually, both are 4' wide, and I think 30" (?) deep. Technically the sink comes with it too, but that's not very visible in the pictures - it's a utility sink with a 24" x 24" x 18" sink and left hand drain board.

anticrapple - freight would be about 3-400 bucks... Maybe we could work something out :)

Back