5 gal PM using a colander to sparge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImperialStout

Reaction score
Thinking of giving PM a try with a 5 gal brew. Plan to BIAB with about 6 pounds of grain, sparge by putting bag in colander over brew pot and rinse with enough hot water to make 3 gal in brew pot, then add DME and other ingredients per recipe. Any thoughts about how well this system will work?

Dude, how many threads do you need on the same topic? Ask your questions in the other biab threads you have created.

You should try reading the forum rules and using the search feature. Most, if not all, of what you are asking has been covered here many times.

I'm sure you can understand how cluttering up the forum with 5 threads, when you could have your questions answered in a single one, might annoy some folks. Especially, when they are all about the same subject.

The answers you seek are here on this forum. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have after you try educate yourself a bit. I highly doubt someone is going to sit here and spoon feed you the information that you can easily find on your own.

Have a nice evening.

I have tried multiple questions in one thread and usually only get one or two answered. I find most readers prefer to deal with one question at a time, the current reader not withstanding. Although some of my questions relate to BIAB, in this case the questions I am asking are sufficiently different to require a separate thread for each. I have read the FAQ here, read the thread on Easy Partial Mashing and have read Charlie Papazian's book, "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing". In short, I am an educated brewer who does not need info spoon fed but lack practical application experience, hence my questions. As they say, "The devil is in the details". I need to fully understand the PM brewing process BEFORE brewing.

If you have something constructive and informative to say about small batch BIAB methods, please share your wisdom. Venting your annoyance over the number of questions a HBT member asks just serves to clutter up the forum, something that no one wants.

Thinking of giving PM a try with a 5 gal brew. Plan to BIAB with about 6 pounds of grain, sparge by putting bag in colander over brew pot and rinse with enough hot water to make 3 gal in brew pot, then add DME and other ingredients per recipe. Any thoughts about how well this system will work?

No reason this method should not work....that I can thiink of, seems lide a straightforward approach.

Although the Easy Partial Mash thread here was very informative, and is the basis for the process I outlined, getting your feedback assures me something was not missed in the process.

Back