5 gal lemon lime soda recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rshortt

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm about to make this soda for about the 5th time or so, and the 3rd time as a 5 gallon batch in a corny keg. It's nice and light and the kids like it every bit as much as sprite or 7-up but it is definitely not a clone. If you want to test this on a smaller batch (2L bottle or something) just scale it down.

Ingredients:
6 cups sugar
16 oz ReaLemon lemon juice
16 oz ReaLime lime juice
top up with cold water

I carb this just like I do my beer, 30-40 psi for a couple of days, then down to serving presure of 13 psi or so. It's not too sugary so the beer-carb levels are just fine. I started this recipe with 7 cups of sugar and have been dialing it back with no complaints. I may have even used only 5 1/2 cups for the last batch.

Simple, and good.

Oh yeah, I shake the crap out of the keg to mix it and usually toss in a couple trys of ice as I'm topping up the water so it will start carbing faster (cold).

Just buy some Sprite or 7-Up and some blue raspberry flavored syrup. You can usually find it where ice shavers or snow cone makers are sold. Try target of Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've seen it there.

I used 5 cups of sugar, 500ml ReaLemon lemon juice, 500ml of ReaLime juice, in 5 gallons of water last time. I think it should be named "5 Up", or "5 Down" now. ":)

Does anyone have a recipe for a more traditional lemon-lime soda? i.e. more like 7-up/Sprite than carbonated lemon-limeade, with the flavor coming from essential oil rather than juice.

Back