5 gal batch, 6.5 gal carboy, no need for a blow off tube, right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunnright00

Reaction score
Not with WLP007 apparently...

20074536410_5b6d978a57_z.jpg

Pitched a nice healthy yeast starter into my Imperial Stout yesterday about 1pm. Kept checking throughout the evening and no real signs of fermentation starting, but I knew it was cool.

Woke up this morning and saw two small puddles of dark brown liquid gold. Opened to find the previous picture and also this

20075938429_7b9ba8d6a3_z.jpg

Bummer. So I had to quickly devise some kind of blow off tube, as I haven't used on for a long time.

20074535720_e5c2295648_z.jpg

I'll have some cleaning up to do when I get home tonight...

If you have a fridge of Ballast Point, I could probably come help clean the fridge.

I have put my 3gal beers in 6gal carboys and had some hit the airlock.

Fermcap-S probably could have prevented that...

Yeah, I should probably get some of that. Never really had a problem with this before. I only used blow-off tubes if it was in a 5gal carboy.

If you have a fridge of Ballast Point, I could probably come help clean the fridge.

Heh, well it was full of Ballast point at one time, but now it's full (mostly) of a previous batch of homebrew...
You can still come help clean up though! :D

:mug:

Back