4912 Question (second CO2 Line from outside)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billym99

Reaction score
Searched but didn't find many hits on drilling a hole for a second CO2 line, or widening the current drain plug hole to fit a second. I'm currently running a single CO2 line from the outside but I'm going to be filling my second corny tonight and will need to run the second CO2 line into the fridge and the current drain plug hole will only fit one line. I have a 10lb tank and really want to keep the door molding on the fridge as I like the bit of storage it provides, so keeping the tank outside the fridge works great for me.

Anybody here drill a second hole near the current drain plug for a second CO2 line? Just curious if this is safe to do. Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated!:mug:

why are you putting a second line in and not just splitting it on the inside?

RockfordWhite said:

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm sure Bobby_M or someone could rattle off all of the fittings and such that would be required.

RockfordWhite said:

dual body reg... so, could i just split the one that is there?

You can run a single line in to a tee fitting to split to 2 kegs, or use a manifold/distributor which will cost more but give you shutoffs for both kegs. Or, you could use a dual secondary regulator inside to give you individual pressure control to each keg. If you are going to stick with your existing dual ganged primary regs outside, then yeah, you're stuck running 2 lines in.

Im in the same boat. I have 2 kegs in a sanyo that I like to keep at different pressures. Currently I have a 5# CO2 container with a dual regualtor in the fridge but I want to run the lines outside. Is there some kind of tubing with connector that you can run directly from the CO2 inside the fridge and connect to the regulator inside? I cant find anything that would suit that process. I guess it would have to be a male end into the CO2 and a female receptacle on the other end to go into the regulator. Anyone know of anything that will work?

wedge421 said:
Im in the same boat. I have 2 kegs in a sanyo that I like to keep at different pressures. Currently I have a 5# CO2 container with a dual regualtor in the fridge but I want to run the lines outside. Is there some kind of tubing with connector that you can run directly from the CO2 inside the fridge and connect to the regulator inside? I cant find anything that would suit that process. I guess it would have to be a male end into the CO2 and a female receptacle on the other end to go into the regulator. Anyone know of anything that will work?
There are plenty of high-pressure hoses available from paintball equipment suppliers for pretty reasonable prices. They'll have 1/8" NPT threads on either end, so you'd need to adapt that to the regulator inlet threads on one end (which is probably 1/4" NPT left-hand threaded, so not an easy adapter to find) and to the tank on the other end (which may not be as tough)

I was originally going to use a 20# tank with my 4912, so I drilled two holes in the back of the fridge and used a manifold on the outside so I could shut off one or both kegs without opening the fridge. I used BierMuncher's picture as a guidance. Here's the picture I used from his gallery.

7451-Holes_In_Sanyo.jpg

Micromatic sells the hose you need. It's $62 though. I am in the same boat and trying to decide if I want to spend that kind of money or just drill two holes.

wanted to let you guys know what i ended up doing... i just bored out the hole that is already there for the drain plug. i had already removed the plug and was running one line through it. I got that hole bored just big enough for both of my co2 lines. I used some aluminum tape on the hole the same way i used it on the draft tower hole (to protect against any sharp edges). This way worked fine for me.

good luck!

Back