4912 External CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob897

Reaction score
Last week I finally was able to build my kegerator out of the Sanyo 4912M model.
I must give props to all the tutorials and documentation the homebrewers have provided. As they all made the job very simple and less stressful knowing exactly what needed to be done and how to do it.

Anyways, I have seen a couple people that have their CO2 tanks outside of the fridge which saves you some space and allows you to keep the door shelves in tact.

Does anyone have any photos/videos of how they did this as I know you can take out the plug by the condensation tray and run a line through there, but to fit 2 lines just will not happen without making that hole bigger... Can I just enlarge the hole thats already there?

run one line in and put a manifold or a T on the inside.

I don't have a sanyo but I converted mine to a 2 keg set-up and I ran 1 line in with a 3 way manifold just in case I wanted a third outlet. The other 2 have valves so I can turn one off while force carbonating a fresh keg.

Linc

I've seen a couple of people recently mention that they are having issues getting the door on their Sanyo 4912 to close properly with the shelves in, but I'm not sure why.

I took out the bottom shelf in my 4912, but left the rest of the door panel in and I have no problem at all fitting 2 cornies and a 5# co2 tank. The co2 tank sits in the center of the fridge, resting on a lip (I did not put in a shelf) in the back of the unit behind the kegs. I'll try to remember to shoot a couple of pics to night and post them.

ohiobrewtus said:
I took out the bottom shelf in my 4912, but left the rest of the door panel in and I have no problem at all fitting 2 cornies and a 5# co2 tank. The co2 tank sits in the center of the fridge, resting on a lip (I did not put in a shelf) in the back of the unit behind the kegs.

+1...I guess Wookies just know how to do things correctly

hmm maybe if I put a small piece of wood under the the co2 it will clear the lip of the bottom edge of the door as I did take the bottom shelf off as well. Otherwise I could run a line from the co2 through the drain hole and connect it to the regulators inside the fridge. Thanks for the input.

Back