40$ two tap tower any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robko

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to build a kegerator using my old fridge.
Looking for a cheap (I am just a student) parts, I found this ultra cheap two tap tower. Here is a genuine photo of a same one tap tower.
Can you tell me if it is any good and worth buying? I would insulate it somehow and make it cooled by a kegerator from inside.
What about those faucets? I am absolutely virgin about keg dispensing. Thank you

It'll work. I just like how, in 'product descriptions,' they say, "we appreciate for good communication."

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah, 28 to my country (Slovakia). But I think its still a bargain. What about you?

I use the exact same tower. The only issue I have with it is that if you don't use it for a day the taps get sticky and harder to use. I also paid about $70 for it aswell off Ebay.

Perlicks and a PVC pipe? At least you'd have quality parts (perlicks) for your upgrade when landing a full time job after school...

Sticky taps should not be a problem, I will spray some sanitizing solution into them after every use (I am very pedantic). Is there anything more that is bad about the faucets? I do not say I want them to last forever indeed.

That was the only issue I have. I don't think spraying sanatizer in it will work. It is an internal issue and I think the only way to get it not to stick would be to run some water or sanatizer through it from a keg.

My understanding of a stuck tap. In my opinion the sticky mess appears in those red areas. In a standard backward sealing tap, the green part can not move the way it is supposed to because of that sugary glue. Perlick faucet has no red area in the way of a blue moving part and thus it is unlikely to stuck.
So if I rinse the red area before it gets sticky, I should be allright.
Sorry if I am wrong, just my opinion.

BTW I was looking for those Perlick faucets but in 95% cases those can not be shipped to my country, in the remaining 5% the shipping is about 40 USD for a single tap. Are there any good chinese beer equipment shops?

Thanks

standard faucet.jpg

perlick.jpg

I am sure you are right. Unfortunately a simple spray with sanitizer won't be able to clean them well enough to stop the stick. This doesn't mean it is a terrible product, just something I had to get used to.

I think fresh beer in the faucet can not survive jet rinse with sodium percarbonate, but maybe I am wrong. Hope I will try soon.

I am planning on covering the kegerator with some nice wood and make some stainless stuff but I will definitely buy that picnic tap, I can imagine it being very handy as a backup or a portable tap.

I could run this little experiment and let you know if you like. Since it is the morning here in Aus I won't be able to spray it until tonight. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow night.

I could run this little experiment and let you know if you like. Since it is the morning here in Aus I won't be able to spray it until tonight. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow night.

You are precious, thank you :) . I will use a pump up sprayer with DIY nozzle, something with a thin hose so I can put it directly into my tap.

Precious? Gee not even my wife calls me that. Seems to work well. I just used my starsan mix with the mist spray amd gave it a good dosage. There was a little bit of sticking but nothing compared to what it generally is.

Precious? Gee not even my wife calls me that. Seems to work well. I just used my starsan mix with the mist spray amd gave it a good dosage. There was a little bit of sticking but nothing compared to what it generally is.
Glad to hear it as I placed an order yesterday. I dunno if it is absolutely normal in english but I frequently use exaggerated expressions in my language to say I really mean something, no matter if it sounds gay or not :D. My girlfriend says it is weird even in slovak. She also says I am weird. I should have written "you are very kind" but now you can bet you are!

Back