4 used cornies at Morebeer for $84: is this a good price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm planning to invest in a home brew kegging system since this will greatly simplify the lagering for me, give me CO2 to flush secondaries, make carbonation easier and, when I get another fridge/freezer, will liberate me from bottling (except for Weissbiers, which I believe should be served in 0.5l bottles).

But I only want to buy the basics right now: tank, regulator, hoses, connectors and kegs. For the tank there is a nice thread next door :) .

Regarding the kegs, I actually called some beverage distributors and asked them, if they sell used soda kegs, but didn't have much luck. And on Morebeer, I saw a bundle of 4 used kegs for about $84 (no taxes and free shipping) (can't bring up the link right now). These kegs would need to be cleaned and need their gaskets replaced, which I'm not afraid of. And it would be just the right number for my current needs. Do you think that this is a decent price?

Kai

Kai said:
And on Morebeer, I saw a bundle of 4 used kegs for about $84 (no taxes and free shipping) (can't bring up the link right now). These kegs would need to be cleaned and need their gaskets replaced, which I'm not afraid of. And it would be just the right number for my current needs. Do you think that this is a decent price?
Kai;
I just did a quickie search and found these:
Pin-lock
Ball-lock

Good luck,
Wild

flhrpi said:
I just got 7 of these from this same sale, they were shipped from Calif to Ga and still had pressure on them, great deal.

This looks like a good price to me. But shipping usually spoils it a bit. I'll check out the shipping cost for 4 of them.

Thanks,
Kai

Edit:
for the ebay deal: 4 kegs +shipping is 4 x $11 + $40 = $84. This matches Morebeer :(

I got 4 from midwest - $106 with shipping to PA. pressure tested and caustic soda washed and all new orings. they all had pressure in them and are nice just need tore down and well cleaned and sanitized.

Kai said:
This looks like a good price to me. But shipping usually spoils it a bit. I'll check out the shipping cost for 4 of them.

Thanks,
Kai

Edit:
for the ebay deal: 4 kegs +shipping is 4 x $11 + $40 = $84. This matches Morebeer :(

Must be the shipping for you. My 7 plus shipping was $121..

I always use More Beer. Free shipping on orders over $59. This includes the kegs.

Kai isn't taking into account that shipping must be $17 per keg. I live 300 miles closer to Dearborn, MI (Kai's in Morriseville, NC) and shipping for me for 4 kegs is $32. More Beer is still a better deal.

Prost! said:
Kai isn't taking into account that shipping must be $17 per keg.

I think I went all the way to check-out to see the $17 shipping.

I ended up ordering from Morebeer since I needed other stuff as well.

Kai

Latest posts

Back