4 kegs - Best regulator set up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judochop

Reaction score
4 Kegs. I want control @ 3 different pressures.

I currently own a primary regulator out of which CO2 is dispensed through a 2-way, quarter-turn controlled manifold.

My thought is to go from one of my manifold lines straight to a keg, and to go from the other manifold line into a series of 2 secondary regulators, one of which would also dispense gas into a 2-way controlled manifold.

Is that the wisest option to reach my goal? The secondary regulator on my LHBS website doesn't seem to have a high-pressure output allowing for inline usage. It only has CO2 input and low-pressure output. See here:http://perfectbrewingsupply.com/beer-brewing/beer-gas-side-equipment-regulators/

Some advice from the experienced please?

Also, silly question: In my hypothetical set up here, do the pressures have to be diminishing? Meaning, does the final secondary have to be set @ an equal or lesser pressure than the secondary before it, and that one set at an equal or lesser pressure than the primary reg? Or does each reg get full tank pressure to work with, and I really have TOTAL control over all 3?

What? And throw away a perfectly good 2-way manifold?! Yeah, maybe you're right. But I don't know about dropping extra $$ on that premium set. I'm a MAN. I don't mind a little screwing here and there.
And no to your silly question.:mug:
My silly question involved an 'or'. ;)

Buuuuut... I'd like to think you only read as far as the first question and that's where the answer belongs. Rock on! :rockin:

Even though you can't see it in the picture I would be willing to wager that the secondary regulator your LHBS lists has a outlet port on the left side that has a plug in it. Drop in and ask to see one.

BTW http://www.kegworks.com/product.php?productid=172354&cat=427&page=1

Re: the "silly" question. If you do indeed have secondary regulators running from the regulated output of the primary regulator as you describe in your initial post "from the other manifold line" then the secondary regulators can never be a higher psi than the primary. If on the other hand you were going to connect additional regulators to the unregulated output of your primary (where your high pressure gauge is now) then you cannot use "secondary" regulators. What you would have then is a bank of multiple primary regulators. A typical actual secondary regulator might have a real rated maximum inlet pressure of 100 psi while a primary might have a max inlet pressure of 2100-2700 psi.

Back