4 kegs 2 taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zurcj20

Reaction score
I have 4 kegs but only two taps. Is it better to store the non-tapped kegs in or out of my keezer? Space in the keezer is not an issue. I was just wondering if it would condition better out of the keezer.

yeah it would be better to place a carboy/ bucket in the keezer to ferment a lager.:mug:

If your'e going to keg condition beer I would definately do it outside of the keezer.

where in PA are you?

i would say keep them in the keezer if you can. I don't know for sure but it seems like temp fluctuations might not be a good thing for beer. Especially non-pasteurized beer. the colder you can keep it the less likely it is to be a multiplying medium for any microbes that could be in there.

Jester, I'm in Lancaster county. mopar, temp fluctuations aren't a problem. My basemant is a steady 60 right now. I wasn't planning on priming the kegs. Just rack over to them and let them sit.

Back