4 day Hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awvyen

Reaction score
I brewed a basic Hef on Saturday (5 lbs 2 Row, 4lbs malted Wheat with WLP300 yeast, starter made 24 hours in advance) the OG came in at 1.058 and I had an estimated FG of 1.0145, I spot checked it today Wednesday and it came in at 1.0145... The fermentation was very aggressive the first two day at 70 degrees.

Question is... Is this thing finished?

It could be. I did one with the same specs you have but used safbrew o6. It got down to 1.012 in for days

I figured I would go ahead and give it at least a full 7 days, I was planning on 14 days then rack to keg... We'll see how it goes, I ways really shocked at the progress today!

Mine smelled so bad that I let it sit for a full two weeks to clean up. I fermented low at about 62F... Couldn't be happier.

Just wanted to provide a follow up on this hef... I kegged at day 5 and drank on day 7! The beer turned out beautiful, crisp, refreshing and full of banana! One week hef, check...

Dang, that's a bit young even for a hefe, especially at 1.058.

Back