3rd try same result plz any 1 help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Reaction score
Sorry about spelling pc dead and writing this on the wii it hard work lol

any how this is now the 3rd time i try to make beer from a kit, the 1st 2 times we did every thing in the keg and both times all we ended up with was flat murky beer ,
So we took keg to shop and had it tested it was ok so could not b that!
For the 3rd attempt we Done in a bucket and once the hydrometer said it was ready 2 keg we did. We primed the keg etc and again all, we have it flat merky larger.

when you open the tap on keg all 3 times all u really get is fome, then in a matter of 1 or 2 min no head and merky flat larger please can some one tell me what i doing wrong

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well, lager is beer, so you're fine there. Most beginner's kits that say "lager" on them are actually kits using ale yeast, and fermenting at ale temperatures. If you used an ale yeast, room temperature for fermenting is fine.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, though, to be honest. What kind of a keg are you using? I think it's probably very different than what I use in the US.

How old is the beer? If it's under 3 weeks old, that would explain "murky". I like to leave mine in the bucket until it's about 3-4 weeks old, then siphon it to the keg. Do you have a link or a picture to explain what you're using?

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yoop it's probably one of the pressure barrel fermenters that we get a lot of questions about on here from people in England, like these things.

KingKeg-200.jpg

My limited understanding of them is that unless you are hooking them up with a co2 tank to carb it (like a keg) you still need to prime them with sugar.

There's a guy here who uses his as a secondary and as a dispenser after. http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/finishing.htm

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
Yup that the keg :) i got
I left in bucket 4 2 weeks and it now been in keg for about 4 weeks can not give a pic sorry as said on wii no way 2 do

Nurmey

I love making Beer
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just a guess but I think you are racking too soon. If you leave the beer for a couple more weeks before racking to keg, it will allow enough time for the beer to clear.

Also, maybe you want to change to a different yeast. Some yeast don't clear nearly as fast as others. I don't know what you have available, and sorry to make you type more on your Wii, but more information on the recipe might help.

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
It was the coopers larger kit first 2 times can not remember who make this 1.. I understand what u say about racking 2 soon but the first 2 times we started in key so it never left the keg? Also will add on second attempt we left for 4 months curios if it cleared and had any gas and it never did

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
A bit of time as past now since i done this thred and it is now clear as any thing so was me being impatiant, but beer flat , if u poor a pint great head smell great taist great but flat i do have loads off bubbles (big ones) on the side off glass though so is it case off just waiting more been in keg bout 6 to 7 weeks now at 68f ish

SchizoFilly

Reaction score
have you added carbonation to it in any way? directly by introducing co2 gas into the keg, or by adding corn sugar to force the yeast to create more co2 in the keg. I've never used one of these, but I would also guess you are going to have to add co2 into the keg to keep pushing the carbonated beer out of the keg just like any other keg.