366 taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh - I have a hard time deciding when there's 'only' 40!

This is the only reason I don't like going to my local 40 tap bar. I get there, think for 15 minutes about what I want to drink, then get a DIPA even though theres 35 taps dedicated to IPA/DIPAs.

Couldn't they just be using smaller kegs so they are constantly cycling fresh kegs onto taps? That would suck to order a pint of beer A and 45 minutes later its gone and they dont have another keg of that.

I'm sure they will try to use the smaller kegs. Some brands only offer their beers in the 1/2 barrels

There were both sixtels and 1/2 barrels. My gripe, and I'm nearby that place, is the pricing. If you go to Tap Hunter you can see their beer list. $9.00 for a pint of regular Sculpin. Are you ****ing serious? $9.00? As someone who enjoys drinking out with friends, I cannot see myself wanting to go there. Pricing isn't as high on other things and it does seem like they're keeping local beers priced fairly competitively, but when you want to bend us over for a freaking year round beer that I can get for much less at a bottle shop, I refuse to give you my money.

As for the taps; it is a novelty. Even at TMac with 100 taps, that is too much. Although I would say that their 80/20 split between craft and BMC has shifted quite a bit where BMC makes up for a larger area of their taps. No doubt we will encounter beer that just doesn't taste fresh. Also, their lines would have to be cleaned quite a bit if the beer is going to sit there. I would be very weary of ordering something that is less popular for fear that half my pint was from beer that sat in a line for weeks.

On a positive note, the place is huge. It seems to have a lot of seating, which is key. I see myself going once and likely sticking to my regular places.

Good lord!
There is no way in hell all those lines stay balanced.
Its hard to make money buying sixtels and having your crap bartenders pour half a glass of foam out on each pour.

Back