3500W induction $123.45 new

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read another thread about this and suggesting that site a few weeks ago... I told a friend about it who was looking for one and he purchased one over the phone from Katom.... I don't believe he has got ton the chance to use it yet but beer and maple syrup making are his primary goals with it.
There are a few testimonials from others here using them in the thread I read but I can't seem to find it now.

Owly055 link from post above said:
•Small object and material compatibility detection

My Avantco IC3500 says "10-1/4" maximum bottom pan diameter", but will actually work with any size induction ready pot. Anyone with experience with this one? Would suck if it could detect a large kettle and wouldn't work. Great price if not!

Noticed this:
Owly055 link from post above said:
warranty_star.jpg
The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Might be something you'd want to ask about before making purchase.

My Avantco IC3500 says "10-1/4" maximum bottom pan diameter", but will actually work with any size induction ready pot. Anyone with experience with this one? Would suck if it could detect a large kettle and wouldn't work. Great price if not!

Noticed this:
Might be something you'd want to ask about before making purchase.

Somewhere in the other thread someone mentioned the burner "active" element area is only about 6.5 inches in diameter but it works fine on much larger pots...

FYI these are also distributed and sold under the "Tomlinson" brand name and of course they are made in china by neither company...

I got one of these and am testing it right now, I have a 40qt induction ready pot and put 8gallons in it. It took 1hr to get 55ºF water to a boil, so It should work.

Im going to try a BIAB with it soon, Will be nice for night time 5 gallon brews with out using my full rig. One pot an a bag to clean should be nice.

I'll report back when I have more data.

Here is the pot I got, its 16.5" diameter and fits nicely on the burner.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FNLTCU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

IMG_3788.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing around with this set up, using the Induction plate and a RIMS tube, Using 7 gallons went from 55 to 150 in about 35 min, raised it up to 158 and seeing how the induction temp control holds temp. I think its about 5-10ºF high.

Might try to brew a batch of beer on Friday night. So far seems to be a solid unit.

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

Please keep us updated on how the unit works! I'm looking at this and the avantco unit for BIAB with my 15 gallon tallboy kettle. How much weight can the unit handle? Think it could handle 10 gallon batches?

Mike.

This thing is fairly sturdy, and can handle the weight, but I think 8gallons is a bout the max it could get to a boil, don't think it would boil 13-14 gallons.

Back