$35 co2 tank free shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike neff

Mknf
Reaction score
D81F44A6-9B30-42FE-835A-11637D6D2DBB.png
Bought one just for purge/transfers. Reddit users saying they are stamped 2019. Build.com

Last edited:
What is the intended use of the CO2 tank? 5lbs really doesn't last that long. Geez, 20 lb CO2 tank doesn't last that long. Also, price to fill a 5 vs 20 lb tank isn't that much (in other words filling a 20 lb tank isn't the price of a 5 lb tank x 4).

What is the intended use of the CO2 tank? 5lbs really doesn't last that long. Geez, 20 lb CO2 tank doesn't last that long. Also, price to fill a 5 vs 20 lb tank isn't that much (in other words filling a 20 lb tank isn't the price of a 5 lb tank x 4).

Depends on how you use it. 5# will dispense several kegs-for a lot of us that’ll last quite a while.

As far as cost, every fill/exchange I’ve ever seen is done by weight, so a 20# tank is exactly 4x the cost of filling a 5# one, usually~$3/lb

Depends on how you use it. 5# will dispense several kegs-for a lot of us that’ll last quite a while.

I usually get about 10-12 kegs dispensing, but it depends on whether you use the CO2 to carbonate or are letting the beer self-carbonate in the keg.

As far as cost, every fill/exchange I’ve ever seen is done by weight, so a 20# tank is exactly 4x the cost of filling a 5# one, usually~$3/lb

Just goes to show that things are different depending where you are. I can get a 5# tank filled for about $16; the 10# is about $24.

I just got email that it shipped less than a day after ordering. I’ll post stamp date when I get it. Cheapest I found for tank deposit around here is 80 bucks so even if I exchange it I’m saving $$

It’s great to have a back up, because naturally when you need it the most you’ll run out. Murphy’s law. ;)

I went to the site and there was a question about the certification but no answer. If they are out of date they will needed to retested before someone will fill them. I think it cost me $50 for a one day turn around on a tank test and certification. $30 for a few day turn around.

I saw this posted on Homebrewing Reddit and ordered one yesterday. Should be here Monday.
I went to the site and there was a question about the certification but no answer. If they are out of date they will needed to retested before someone will fill them. I think it cost me $50 for a one day turn around on a tank test and certification. $30 for a few day turn around.
mine will be delivered by tomorrow so I will post pic of stamp. I exchange my tanks at a beverage center and because the guy is lazy and it’s illegal to bring the tank inside I just hold it up outside the glass doors and he just motions for me to leave it by the filled ones. For 35 bucks it’s worth a shots

My local HBS (an hour drive) charges $10 to fill a 5 lb tank and $15 for a 10 lb tank.

There are a few fire extinguisher places near the HBS that charges $1/lb to fill a tank but they are only open M-F.

Another HBS only does exchanges and they charge about $35 for a 5 lb tank- told him he was nuts but even more so are the people paying that. But i guess if you have no choice then that's what you have to do.

The welding supply places also only do exchanges for about $35 for a 5lb or $50 for a 10 lb.

I bought two. My LHBS wanted $100 for a new 5lb tank. My area co2 place will recert for $25. I want the 5lbs for pressure transfers and jockey box. I hate disconnecting my 20lb tank.

Back