$30 glass 6 gallon carboy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen these discussed before on here.

1 problem people were having was a REAL long delay in shipping times, the order not getting shipped for weeks after the order.

The other chief complaint was bubbling in the glass, often it was just a visual defect but sometimes folks said it caused an etching/roughness on the inside which of course can harbor bacteria.

So, still a pretty good deal if you're willing to wait and/or chance the quality.

I've seen these discussed before on here.

1 problem people were having was a REAL long delay in shipping times, the order not getting shipped for weeks after the order.

The other chief complaint was bubbling in the glass, often it was just a visual defect but sometimes folks said it caused an etching/roughness on the inside which of course can harbor bacteria.

So, still a pretty good deal if you're willing to wait and/or chance the quality.

Those might have been sold on Amazon but not by Amazon- these are sold and shipped by Amazon... there won't be any delay unless UPS or FedEx screws it up.

I've bought two of those carboys in the past two months from amazon. One showed up just fine, the other didn't make it. However, amazon sent another one free of charge and it arrived just fine. It's a good deal if you are willing to take the risk of receiving a broken carboy and then having to wait for its replacement.

I've bought two of those carboys in the past two months from amazon. One showed up just fine, the other didn't make it. However, amazon sent another one free of charge and it arrived just fine. It's a good deal if you are willing to take the risk of receiving a broken carboy and then having to wait for its replacement.

Good deal, that's good to know :mug:

I received two last week, no problem. The 3 gallons are a good deal if you "subscribe and save" . . . which I don't understand.

I have bought three of those now. They've all showed up in perfect condition 2 days after I placed my order.

I just ordered 3 (one 6 gallon and two 3 gallon) of these and I am very pleased. Arrived in 5 business days (with free shipping) and seem to be of great quality. They are the exact same product that was being sold for like $55 at homebrew shops around here.

I bought 2 of these about 2 months ago...

as Jaycount mentioned it was a situation where the item didn't ship until about a month and a half after I placed the order. But amazon was very upfront about it and it clearly stated that the item wouldn't ship until x date. It ended up shipping about 2 weeks earlier than the listed date but i did wait a bit. Wasn't a big deal since they told you about it though.

With regards to the bubbles in the glass, mine were fine- no issues. Helped alot with blowoffs actually compared to my bucket... and I could see the beer fermenting =)

Man I hate you guys! Now I had to order one. Now I can ferment 4 beers at once. I don't think the SWMBO will notice such a small package on the front porch.....

beerloaf

I wonder what's up with the shipping because all of mine were shipped next day.

1. sometimes a 3rd party seller is just selling via amazon. they receive the order and then ship it via their own warehouse and shippers. least predictable.

2. other times they will use amazon's "fulfillment" services, where amazon warehouses the inventory and ships the items FOR the seller.

3. And then there's the stuff that amazon sells directly.

In the 1st instance, you don't really know when shipment is going to happen. In the 2nd and 3rd instances, you'll get amazon's prompt and predictable shipping and packaging.

An easy way to tell that you're getting the 2nd and 3rd case is that it will be marked as "prime eligible".

Damn that does suck, I just bought two.

They arrived in one piece within about a week with no defects :rockin:

Mine arrived just fine and SWMBO didn't care and even agreed that it was a good deal!

beerloaf

SteveM said:
Watch for yard sales. $5 to $10 is the usual yard sale price.

How often do you find carboys at yard sales? I would guess that would pretty rare.

Protip when looking for carboys on CL. Search under wine as well as beer...I found quite a few that way!

When I ordered mine I vaguely remember a note about the 30$ price being temporary. Wish I had ordered 2 now

Where I live these things are often incredibly cheap on the local buy/sell site. You can generally buy all you want for $20, and often less.

Edit: right now there quite a few available for $10 each.

osagedr said:
Where I live these things are often incredibly cheap on the local buy/sell site. You can generally buy all you want for $20, and often less.

Edit: right now there quite a few available for $10 each.

$10! How much to ship those to central Texas. Unless someone near Austin or Ft. Hood has 1 they wanna get rid of ;)

Back