30 day kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvo1

Reaction score
I've done several of these kits with great success, however my current one has stopped fermenting at stage 2.
After the first 7 days and whilst there was still a small amount of bubbling, i transfered the wash to a second bucket, sealed with airlock but no fermentation is in evidence. Temperature is a steady 22°. Gravity already at 995.
Instructions say this second fermentation should take 12 days? Should i wait? ( it's been 2 days with no movement) or shall i carry on with degassing and finish the wine?
Thanks

no harm in letting it sit a while longer...I always give kits more time than the instructions say. Let it sit long enough and it will degas it's self. at any rate, go by your hydrometer...it's done when it's done, yeast can't tell time.

At .995, it is done. Let it sit for a while and enjoy.

P.S. the number of days is so that you get done soon and buy another kit, not actually how long it should take. Most of my kits sit 6 months before bottling and a year after that. They just start getting good about then.

Back