3 way propane splitter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrasmithf

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the right forum but since you guys seem to be the ones most familiar with gas plumbing and fittings I thought I would start here. I recently started a small brew club with some friends and I am looking for a way to make our group brewing session a little more efficient. Right now there are three of us with our own Tank/burner/kettle setup. I was thinking of ways to consolidate equipment to make brew day go a little smoother. Of course I like the full blown single tier triple brew stand option, but the size and cost is out of our club budget. I found this splitter on eBay and thought we might at least be able to consolidate at the propane level that way we could take turns supplying the propane for brew day. I have seen 2 way splitters Before but this is the first triple I have seen and wonder if anyone has tried this? I know that when you run a manifold you have to deal pressures and controlling each leg, but with this would allow each to use their own regulator and control valve and just share the tank. Thoughts?

Also, if this is feasible and since it seems like fairly simple connections, could I build this myself?

Attachments

• 194AEA13-FC09-40A6-B713-46E7B6B3D1DA.jpeg
    194AEA13-FC09-40A6-B713-46E7B6B3D1DA.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 164
For some reason that thing looks scary AF, but propane vapor pressure runs only up to around 200 psi so if it's put together properly the only issue will be human error in use. I presume all three outputs are open, so you'd always have to have three regulators hooked up to use it, or cobble up a couple of ACME nut caps.

Anyway, if the idea is to run three burners off an single tank you may run into tank freeze-up and everything will slow way down.
I often have that happen running a pair of bg14s on a single tank, especially as the tank nears empty.
Three burners would be even more challenging and perhaps not even possible without dunking the tank in a tub of warm water...

Cheers!

Back