3 gallon kegs on ebay; closes in 4 hours

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you looking for 3-gallon cornies, there's two of them going for $90 (for the pair) in an auction that closes a little after midnight... it'll probably get expensive at the end, but might be worth watching... reconditioned, ball-lock... not mine, I just happened to notice them and know that lots of people are on the lookout for them (and $90 is going price for one, much less two, of them).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-of-3-Gallon-Cornelius-Soda-Kegs-Homebrew-Beer-Keg_W0QQitemZ230109715672QQcategoryZ38172QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hell, you could sell one of your kegs and have enough money for one of those 10-gallon SS pots from NB (the beat-up ones) and another burner... you rather have a small keg or a direct-fired mash tun?

the_bird said:
Hell, you could sell one of your kegs and have enough money for one of those 10-gallon SS pots from NB (the beat-up ones) and another burner... you rather have a small keg or a direct-fired mash tun?

Oh I already have those pieces in my possession! :D

I'm looking at something else. :cool:

Damn, I just spent 700 bucks on a head.
One of these days Ill start kegging, and I figue the 3 gallon is perfect size (2 of them for 1 batch or 1 + a case of bottles or whatever)

Do you think there'd be much interest in DIY versions of these 3 gallon kegs? They seem to be in awfully short supply, but one can get 5 gallon cornies for roughly $25, rebuilt. For about $25 in labor, I can probably section a 5 gallon keg into a 3 gallon version.

No plans to try it yet...just wondering...

Yuri_Rage said:
Do you think there'd be much interest in DIY versions of these 3 gallon kegs? They seem to be in awfully short supply, but one can get 5 gallon cornies for roughly $25, rebuilt. For about $25 in labor, I can probably section a 5 gallon keg into a 3 gallon version.

No plans to try it yet...just wondering...

I wish I knew how to weld. I think this topic was brought up before and I researched welding prices in my area--this is definitely something that is only beneficial if you DIY.

I see a market for it Yuri, I personally prefer the appearance of the 5 gallon corny tops as opposed to the 3 gallon tops. Like someone else stated in the other thread, you could combine your cuts and come out with a 2.5 gallon corny and a 7.5 gallon corny that could be used for fermenting.

Flyin' Lion said:
Like someone else stated in the other thread, you could combine your cuts and come out with a 2.5 gallon corny and a 7.5 gallon corny that could be used for fermenting.
This fits my devious plans perfectly (evil laugh).

Looks like I have a lot of work to do before AHA - I'd really like to bring a few toys there!

I have spare kegs I'd be willing to have you cut and re-weld into a 7 and 3 gallon keg if you're up to it. I remember seeing a thread a while back where you cut into a keg, but never followed up on if you finished and how they turned out.

Did anyone ever try this? Prices on 3 gallons has continued to rise. Lately most end up in the $90.00 range with shipping :(

Latest posts

Back