3 gallon corny ball locks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warix

Reaction score
I have two 3 gallon corny ball lock legs in great condition. I never use them but I have hung onto them for years. I am in need of a new regulator for my CO2 bottle and funds are kinda low right now. So I was thinking about taking the kegs to the brew shop and see if I could trade them for a double guage regulator. Are they worth that much? Would that be an insult to the shop owner? Should I just try to sell them and then get the guages/reg? I am not really sure what they are worth but I have seen them up in the $100 range.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks for that info. I think I was not clear. I know that regulators are somewhere in the $50 range but I have seen the kegs go for up to $100. I went down to the brew shop today but it was closed. I might call him tomorrow to see what we can do. I do not want to come across as being greedy, I just want to see what my options might be.

Say the word, warix, I'll send my extra regulator your way in exchange for one of your 3 gallon cornies comin my way!:mug:

I'm interested in one or two of those too if you're willing to sell. how much would you sell one for? If you're in the Bay Area, CA i can even swing by and pick up.

Well guys - I may have to hold the phone on the whole thing. My spare fridge, which is an old Acme counter height style, has a problem. It has a small icebox/freezer in the upper right hand corner and it does not allow for a five gallon keg to fit inside. So now I may have to keep the 3 gallon kegs after all.

Hmmm not cool. Is that ice box the part that is keeping the entire fridge cool?

I'm interested in one or two of those too if you're willing to sell. how much would you sell one for? If you're in the Bay Area, CA i can even swing by and pick up.

Sorry my friend, I am up in Bremerton Washington.

Sorry my friend, I am up in Bremerton Washington.

All good. Thx for the reply.

Well guys - I may have to hold the phone on the whole thing. My spare fridge, which is an old Acme counter height style, has a problem. It has a small icebox/freezer in the upper right hand corner and it does not allow for a five gallon keg to fit inside. So now I may have to keep the 3 gallon kegs after all.

Hmmm not cool. Is that ice box the part that is keeping the entire fridge cool?
Do you have a picture? If it's anything like my fridge, the yes the ice box part cools the entire thing.

All good. Thx for the reply.

Do you have a picture? If it's anything like my fridge, the yes the ice box part cools the entire thing.

Yes here is a quick picture. Mi am wondering if it would be possible to move and remount the ice box on the side of the fridge so that there would be room for kegs off to the left. Hmmmm... ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388705445.672250.jpg

There is do it yourself posts in the DIY forum about people bending those out flat on the side

There is do it yourself posts in the DIY forum about people bending those out flat on the side

Thanks - I have looked around in the DIY area but I have not seen one of those yet.

I would like to find out how to flatten the freezer section in my mini fridge. If anybody could point me in the direction of a video or other information that would be great. I have searched and have not had any luck in finding the info I am looking for. I have taken a close look at the parts and it seems doable but I am afraid I might kink or break the tube. This fridge is pretty old and it works great the way it is. We have always kept our beverages in it because it keeps them at the perfect temp for drinking. I do want to convert. It over so I can put five gallon corny kegs in it but I don't want to kill it in the process.

did a quick google search and it looks like every fridge is different. Where does the coolant come in for yours? I can't tell if it's from one of those four posts that hold it up or not. If not, it looks like you can take those off completely and just bed it back against the back of the fridge. whatever you do don't kink the pipe so take it slow if you still plan on doing it.

Couple of videos i saw which looks different from your fridge but basic method is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
did a quick google search and it looks like every fridge is different. Where does the coolant come in for yours? I can't tell if it's from one of those four posts that hold it up or not. If not, it looks like you can take those off completely and just bed it back against the back of the fridge. whatever you do don't kink the pipe so take it slow if you still plan on doing it.

Couple of videos i saw which looks different from your fridge but basic method is the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOnYxQ8bJFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AUMIojepqc

Yea, thanks for that information. My fridge is just not right for what I want to do with it. The four post are just screws with rubber bushings on them to hold up the iced box. The tube that connects to the upper rear of it just feels to brittle to bend. And I am not sure if I can end it far enough because of its box shape, unless I could undo the seam of the box and unwrap it and then bend it. I think this project has too many things to potentially go wrong so I am just going to bag it. I am going to watch for a full size fridge on Craig's list, that way my SWMBO can have a freezer for me to put next years fish catch in.

Thanks for the advice though!

Yea, thanks for that information. My fridge is just not right for what I want to do with it. The four post are just screws with rubber bushings on them to hold up the iced box. The tube that connects to the upper rear of it just feels to brittle to bend. And I am not sure if I can end it far enough because of its box shape, unless I could undo the seam of the box and unwrap it and then bend it. I think this project has too many things to potentially go wrong so I am just going to bag it. I am going to watch for a full size fridge on Craig's list, that way my SWMBO can have a freezer for me to put next years fish catch in.

Thanks for the advice though!

Let the fridge warm up before you try :)

Latest posts

Back