3 gallon better bottle pictures?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

Reaction score
I recently had to switch to small batch brewing because I relocated and now live in an apartment. I have done 2 brews recently, one 2.5 gallon and one 3 gallon. All the glass carboys I have a re 6.5 gallon, so I picked up a 3 gallon better bottle from the LHBS to use for secondary.

Now time for the question... I was wondering where the 3 gallon line is for the 3 gallon better bottle? I am planning on transferring my Black IPA to the better bottle to dry hop for a week and want to make sure that I have enough room. I am sure some other brewers have pics of there fermenters that could give me some reference. Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Best I could find is this on the manufacturer website...

bb_3g_measure.jpg

:mug:

As above, the three gallon point is about halfway up the slant. Could always measure it yourself with water.

Wow.... I feel stupid for not even thinking to measure it myself. It was a long day yesterday. Hahaha

Do any of you think I'll have any issues putting 3 gallons in the better bottle and about 1.5oz pellet hops?

Thanks again!!!

I do 3 gal batches often. I use my 5 gal for primary, then dry hop (anywhere from 1-3oz) and secondary in my 3 gal BB. I love it.

Wow!!! Thanks for all the responses and discussion. I'll update to show how full the BB gets when I dry hop this weekend.

PS-I need to get some of the level stickers for all of my fermenters!!!

He is a pic showing the BB full with 1.5 ounces of hops floating around in there. I thought I had compensated for trub loss, but it looks like I only ended up with about 2.75 gallons in the BB.

0a9706cd.jpg

Back