3 day wine coolers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BODWB

Reaction score
Made a quick and easy 3 day wine cooler using frozen mixed fruit from Sam's club. Took and put enough fruit to fill the blender 3/4 full then added Limeaid and blended until well blended.

Added that to a pot, added 7 cups brown sugar, and mild boiled for 30 minutes. Let cool to 105^F then put in a 1 gallon milk jug and then added some Champagne yeast(it's what I had laying around) OG was 1.095

Stuck in freezer on day 3 with FG of 1.060. By the evening the drink was nice and slushy. Taste tested with lady friend and she loved it. I even liked it so much I was drinking it instead of my beer.

I was just searching for recipes using mixed fruit and found your post. I'm surprised you never got any replies 2 months later now. I was going to start freezing random ripe fruit that will go bad before we have a chance to eat it, and then once we have enough, blend it up and cook it similar to what you did.

Have you tried bottling any of this? Or have you experimented any further yet?

Yeah me too, thanks for the late reply. However I did bottle some in some plastic bottles and we are still drinking this recipe with great success. I plan to experiment further the next batch but will probally not deviate from the original too much as we like it very much.

was this under air lock for 3 day or did you cap it so it would be carbonated? What about sediment? Very curious... Looks like something that would be good if you are having a fall get together around a camp fire.

was this under air lock for 3 day or did you cap it so it would be carbonated? What about sediment? Very curious... Looks like something that would be good if you are having a fall get together around a camp fire.

I capped it but not so tight that the lid blew off. Sediment I didn't worry about as I served it slushy kinda like a fruit smoothie. And yes I frooze it to stop the fermentation cycle and it has seemed to work, still hasn't fermented much further, still sweet, Have like a few glasses left anyways.

First thanks for the idea. I did this three days ago with two bacordi daiquiri concentrate cans. I added water till I hit 1.090 but I think my reading was wrong cause just checked and I'm at 1.100. I know it's been fermenting. So do think it's save to say that it has dropped .03 in 3 days?? I going to dilute with water and make two 3/4 gallons or water comes to 1.060. I used wine yeast BTW. Thanks

You're welcome, that sounds like a great drink, bet it will taste great! Yeah sounds like that reading is off for sure, but if you know it's been fermenting at room temp for three days then it should be ready, to be sure you could give it another 12-24 hours or some and test again. Room temp here was 75-79^F and with fermentation going it should be warmer than a non-fermenting liquid. Hope that helps.

I gave it an extra day. It was at 1.062. Froze overnight and refrigerated during the day. Cracked it open last night, the wife approves. Next time I'm gonna use frozen fruit and table sugar. I think the brown sugar had too much residual caramel like taste. Kinda masked the fruitiness a little.

Made a quick and easy 3 day wine cooler using frozen mixed fruit from Sam's club. Took and put enough fruit to fill the blender 3/4 full then added Limeaid and blended until well blended.

Added that to a pot, added 7 cups brown sugar, and mild boiled for 30 minutes. Let cool to 105^F then put in a 1 gallon milk jug and then added some Champagne yeast(it's what I had laying around) OG was 1.095

Stuck in freezer on day 3 with FG of 1.060. By the evening the drink was nice and slushy. Taste tested with lady friend and she loved it. I even liked it so much I was drinking it instead of my beer.

Sound good. I'm new to this and this sounds like an easy start. Thank you for posting the idea.

Back