3 brews in 6 hours - Parti-on-gyles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foreigner

Reaction score
Well, I had a fun day. 3 brews.

~22 pounds of base grain for 3 runnings, a little maple syrup, a little brown sugar, and some CHILLIES!

I'm not beside my brewlog right now so I'll have to wing it:

1. I.P.A. ~1.055, 1/4# Munich, 1/4# special, 2oz cascade, 1 oz fuggles (aroma)
2. Stout ~1.040 3/4# Roast barley, 1/4# chocolate. 2 oz fuggles
3 Chili Death stout. ~1.040? (after sugar additions). 10 szechaun cooking chilies.

Took about 6 hours. But man, I haven't done an all-grain in awhile. It was a blast, and a breeze, and various other shades of entertaining.

The Chili beer was quite low gravity until I added the sugar/sap.

Brewhahahahahahahaha!:rockin:

Nice! :mug:

Must feel great to get three bubbling primaries out of one session.

I'm planning a 2-brew partigyle in the near future, for the fall...gonna do a robust pumpkin porter, and a pumpkin pale.

Bike N Brew said:
Nice! :mug:

Must feel great to get three bubbling primaries out of one session.

I'm planning a 2-brew partigyle in the near future, for the fall...gonna do a robust pumpkin porter, and a pumpkin pale.

Thanks! It it really does feel great to have a bunch of AG brews on the go again.

The only problem I can see with partigyle is that it wont allow for scientific replication if one of them turns out to be incredible.

Oh, and the chili was a seat of the pants decision. I was going to do strawberry stout but forgot to pick up the berries from my friend. sigh :)

I see pumpkin often in the "weird" beer categories. Does the taste come through really strong? Pumpkin pie spice? I'm curious about that whole bag...

Foreigner said:
Thanks! It it really does feel great to have a bunch of AG brews on the go again.

The only problem I can see with partigyle is that it wont allow for scientific replication if one of them turns out to be incredible.

Oh, and the chili was a seat of the pants decision. I was going to do strawberry stout but forgot to pick up the berries from my friend. sigh :)

I see pumpkin often in the "weird" beer categories. Does the taste come through really strong? Pumpkin pie spice? I'm curious about that whole bag...
IMHO...skip all pumpkin brews. All you ever taste are spices anyway. :eek:

homebrewer_99 said:
IMHO...skip all pumpkin brews. All you ever taste are spices anyway. :eek:

Well I sure would like to try one before I commited to making 5 gallons :)

SkaBoneBenny said:
You are All that is Man.

I am honoured. I was halfway expecting a little flack for my lack of specific measuring :)

Anyway, I made 3 brews in the same amount of time it takes to do one + 1 hour.

:ban:

They are all bubbling away nicely. My chili stout didn't take offf quickly, so I pitched another pack of nottingham. Maybe I was just impatient, but either way my basement smells awesome.

Oh, and I have decided the call the chili stout "Ritual Murder After Party Stout" :rockin:

Foreigner said:
Well I sure would like to try one before I commited to making 5 gallons :)

If you've ever tasted Shipyards Pumpkin Ale then you're in for a treat. It's seasonal and you may have to aquire a taste for it. To me it's a very good specialty beer. But you gotta aquire a taste for it. I'm gonna make one soon, just so I can say I did it. I like pumpkin pie anyway. Just MHO!

Well done.

I was aiming for 8hrs for my 3 brew day but I did 3 seperate mashes and ended up going the pub half way through and nipping out a few times.

It took me 12hrs

orfy said:
Well done.

I was aiming for 8hrs for my 3 brew day but I did 3 seperate mashes and ended up going the pub half way through and nipping out a few times.

It took me 12hrs

Thanks orfy!

I just found your hobgoblin V2 thread...looks mighty tasty. I can't buy these kinds of things commercially. always dusty and quite rank, so I've given up. Perhaps I will make it myself!

Those long many brew days are great aren't they? Such a feeling of acocmplishment...And plus it;s not like I spent the whole 6 hours over a hot stove with a spoon. For me the only real "nuisance" is waiting for the hot break, which I missed by 2 seconds on the last of the 2 brews ;) Thank goodness for PBW :)

Back