3-4 Corny Capacity Kegerator/Fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyVegas

Reaction score
So, In my quest for a kegerator (my keezer build is on hold), I would like something that at least holds 3 cornys, if not 4. Having 2 taps would be key, 3-4 taps would be pretty extreme... welcome, but not necessary.

I'd like to just be able to carb beers at temp while serving others... is a homebrewer asking too much?

What models come to mind? Prefrably looking for used but.. not sure where to start on the model side.

Yea, I have a chest freezer already - but I'm putting my keezer build on hold and want a full on kegerator. The future-keezer is being commissioned for lagering now.

Many full size refrigerators fit the bill. I have an old (GE?). that fit four.

Chances are you'll have to take the door shelving off (easy), and mabye build a flat shelf in the bottom that extends front to back.

Good point, McKBrew... but I'm trying to incorporate it as part of my small dining/bar area... and it's gotta look decent - as much as I'd like a full on fridge, she ain't gonna cut it in here.

Many full size refrigerators fit the bill. I have an old (GE?). that fit four.

Chances are you'll have to take the door shelving off (easy), and mabye build a flat shelf in the bottom that extends front to back.

I've got a full size fridge, and its a pain. You can't get at the tops of the kegs easily enough.

The Haier looks nice but when its all said and done its about $700. I don't want to go that far since I do plan on getting a keezer up and going soon... hence why Im going for used.

i inherited one from my parents, and it will hold a 20# CO2 and five corneys very comfortably. My ferm fridge will do the same (or 4, 5 gallon buckets). I just used craigslist, seems like you can find used refrigerators all over the place for about $100.00 bucks just about any day of the week.

i couldn't tell you the brand of the ferm fridge on a temp control until. but i do know the fridge was well used, not the prettiest thing, and i haven't had a problem with it yet.

Look on Craigslist. There are constantly used kegerators on sale for $250-300 in my area, with CO2 tank and reg included. If it can fit a sanke keg, then it can probably fit three cornies and a 5 lbs tank.

Look on Craigslist. There are constantly used kegerators on sale for $250-300 in my area, with CO2 tank and reg included. If it can fit a sanke keg, then it can probably fit three cornies and a 5 lbs tank.

Sanke = 3keg+co2?

If thats a tried and true formula, thad be great.

I got a line on a good Summit, but I havent seen it yet to confirm or deny it'll hold 3. If not... I think the pursuit continues.

Like I posted in the other thread, the Summit likely will only hold 2.

Another place to check is the Sears outlets. I've recently picked up two Kenmore kegerators (rebranded Haeir's) for $199 & $224. They were originally $700.

i picked up my freezer on top, fridge on bottom refrigerator off craigslist for $25. it will fit 6 cornys or 5 cornys and the co2 tank. i just want to have four + co2, but knowing it can hold 6 is nice. I only have two taps right now but have them spaced out so that i can have up to 6 taps total if i ever want to. i cut out 6 circles that were the diameter of a corny keg and took them with me when i went to check out the fridge.

my fridge is a hot point. ill see if i can figure out the exact model number.

i picked up my freezer on top, fridge on bottom refrigerator off craigslist for $25. it will fit 6 cornys or 5 cornys and the co2 tank. i just want to have four + co2, but knowing it can hold 6 is nice. I only have two taps right now but have them spaced out so that i can have up to 6 taps total if i ever want to. i cut out 6 circles that were the diameter of a corny keg and took them with me when i went to check out the fridge.

my fridge is a hot point. ill see if i can figure out the exact model number.

what size of frig is that?

Hi Guys,

It might sound silly but I am wondering how do you to put the tower on top if (as seen in most pictures) you have the door moving up and down.

What things I need to consider regarding that topic?

Tagging onto an old thread...

I'm looking into a 3-4 keg plus 5lb tank kegerator setup. There are a lot of used 14 cu ft fridge freezers online, and I'm just wondering are these big enough or should I be looking for larger capacity?

Back