2nd year mid march growth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, I am also discovering how much more exciting the second year is compared to the first...

Very nice! My containers have been in the garage all winter and with the warmer weather were finally having I saw my first shoot break ground. They weren't getting any sun in there either. I just not moved them outside to see what they do before I put them in the ground.

Nice, I am also discovering how much more exciting the second year is compared to the first...

After you spend the first year obsessing over everything and you build your trellis, string everything up, not knowing what to expect...

Second year is much more laid back. Hops sprout up much earlier too. I have visible buds on all 14 of my mounds right now and just "un-mulched" a couple of mounds I had overflow of my leftover leaves on and they had shoots a few inches long.

We've had a crazy warm spell and it will approach 70 degrees tomorrow, but we're supposed to get some snow this weekend or early next week, LOL

After you spend the first year obsessing over everything and you build your trellis, string everything up, not knowing what to expect...

Second year is much more laid back. Hops sprout up much earlier too. I have visible buds on all 14 of my mounds right now and just "un-mulched" a couple of mounds I had overflow of my leftover leaves on and they had shoots a few inches long.

We've had a crazy warm spell and it will approach 70 degrees tomorrow, but we're supposed to get some snow this weekend or early next week, LOL

Hrm. I'm across town from you and aren't seeing anything yet. Maybe later this week they'll pop.

(I got about 8 oz dried last year, so they were decent sized healthy plants.

Hrm. I'm across town from you and aren't seeing anything yet. Maybe later this week they'll pop.

I'm in Wheeling on the NW side. Have a pretty sunny spot and I can see buds, but only a couple longer than an inch or 2. Still a ways off from full-on shoots.

Nice. My cascade are a little behind yours. My Chinook looked like they were starting to come up but I haven't seen anything from them in a week. What variety are your plants?

I am have Tett, Will, Glacier, Hall, Horison, but it sucks because I have lost my map. So I have no idea which one is which, and until I find that stupid map I won't know.

I am have Tett, Will, Glacier, Hall, Horison, but it sucks because I have lost my map. So I have no idea which one is which, and until I find that stupid map I won't know.

LOL. That really does suck. I hope you find your map.

I'm 2nd year here also... I have 7 buds on one cascade and 3 on the magnum, but I'm kinda afraid for these little guys till april...

Back