2nd brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBRunner

Reaction score
I gotta say...I am doing my 2nd brew, a AHS Rogue dead guy clone, and the smell coming from the pot is incredible!!!!!!! :ban:

You can definately tell that the first kit I had (Muntons) is the entry level...I can't wait to try this out at Xmas!!!!

:ban:

BTw, I am also drinking my first homebrew, a wheat beer..it's oK.......

cheers,

Chad

well, I pitched the yeast....and it is sitting in the fermenter as I write this.......

Man, the smell of the hops was awesome....I guess I will have to order another kit tomorrow.......

yep, I'm afraid when I pop open that first bottle of my first batch, a Scottish Ale, that I too will be addicted. 2 days till i'm a full blown homebrewer. Man, I can't wait.

already have a Honey Brown on deck.

Give that Scottish Ale even more time, if you can wait that long. It will only get better.

I too would say 'this isn't gonna be truly ready by Christmas day'. drinkable, sure! but it won't be at its peak flavor, or carbonation. in fact, it might still be carbing up.

Yeah, I know...I was just excited....I will hopefully transfer to secondary tomorrow.....

Maybe a good January beer....lol

Chad

brewed up my honey brown on Sunday. My garage smelled great for hours.

Scottish Ale: I'm a few days away from 3 weeks in the bottle. How long should I wait for it to fully condition?

most people on the board will tell you the 1-2-3 rule, 1 week in primary, 2 in secondary, 3 in bottles.

i usually give stuff 2 weeks in primary, but my basement is not that warm this time of year. then i'm usually 1 week in secondary, because i only have one secondary and am chasing beer through it all the time (got to get a second carboy!).

3 weeks seems to be a minimum for bottle conditioning, you might be ok if you have a 70+ F spot to keep your bottles, then you can probably get away with 2 weeks. but as others have said, the longer you can wait the better it will taste. my second brew was a wheat, and we actually finished it this past weekend, (after about 4 weeks in bottles) - it was so much better with a bit of aging than the early bottles we had.

Yep, it helps to wait as long as you can, even if it is only 3 weeks....

I kept trying mine all the time, so when it was really good, I only have about a 1/2 case left .....:mug:

Back