2nd brew bottled 3rd just started.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingtj

Reaction score
Hi, I bottled my 2nd brew last Sunday (30/08) a Woodfords Wherry.
I batch primed it with 100g of table sugar in a cup of boiling water left to cool the racked the brew into a bottling fv left for about 40 minutes then bottled.
Started a Wilko Sweet Newkie Brown today (06/09) brewed short @ 21 litres with 1kg dextrose & 500g light DME fermenting@ 21 (which is what I did with the Wherry)

Was very tempted to crack open a Wherry's tonight but will wait until next weekend, think I'll pop one in the fridge Thursday and try it Saturday.

Last edited:
Was very tempted to crack open a Wherry's tonight but will wait until next weekend, think I'll pop one in the fridge Thursday and try it Saturday.
As long as you realize that the flavor of the beer is very likely to improve over the next week or 2, tasting one now will give you a baseline from which you can notice the changes in the beer and that will be worthwhile noting as some beers change over a much longer time than others.

As long as you realize that the flavor of the beer is very likely to improve over the next week or 2, tasting one now will give you a baseline from which you can notice the changes in the beer and that will be worthwhile noting as some beers change over a much longer time than others.
Yes, I know.
I got 44 500ml bottles from the Wherry, so don't mind trying one each week from next weekend. 2 weeks in the bottle, I don't expect miracles just not very patient. 😁
I know it will be better if I wait another few weeks.

I've almost always tried a bottle at 2 weeks. I would say maybe 60% were properly carbonated. ALL of them have tasted better at 3 weeks or longer. Much longer for some styles. For instance my Russian Imperial stout took over a year to reach it's peak in flavor. I finished the last bottle almost 2 1/2 years after brew day. Another big beer I had on hand lasted 3 years and still tasted great - though the flavor was declining by that time.

I tried a bottle of Wherry's last night, must say I was very happy with it 👍
Tasted quite nice, got high hopes for this as time pass's.
Will try another next weekend.
IMG_20200913_210234.jpg

Back