2nd batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IreWay78

Reaction score
Opened up the first bottle of my 2nd batch!! Its only been a week into conditioning, but tastes oh so good!! Ended up at a final 4.59% ABV, great head retention, smooth, great mouth feel and very PROUD!! 6 weeks ago I hadn't a single clue about how to home brew!! Now, I'm super confident in my abilities! Thank you all SO MUCH for helping a hopeless guy get to this point!! Brew on, my friends!!
20180912_180724.jpeg

I always made a point to improve each time i brewed. first time it was all extract. next time i had steeping grains, then BIAB and so on. what are you thinking about for the next brew. you have to keep the pipeline full!

I always made a point to improve each time i brewed. first time it was all extract. next time i had steeping grains, then BIAB and so on. what are you thinking about for the next brew. you have to keep the pipeline full!
I found a recipe on YouTube for a partial mash Chocolate/vanilla stout. That will be the next batch!! I cant wait man!!!

Yes. On to the next one!! I got a slightly used 27 liter kettle today from a colleague, so now going to try my hand at some all grain, BIAB brews!!

I upgraded my setup to BIAB after 3 brews, I think you will be happy with the switch. Down the rabbit hole of equipment and recipe tweaking you go!

I upgraded my setup to BIAB after 3 brews, I think you will be happy with the switch. Down the rabbit hole of equipment and recipe tweaking you go!
Yes yes!!! I'm going to visit my local supplier here on Saturday in Oslo to get all that I need for this next batch!!! That rabbit hole can get pretty deep, so you might wanna keep a rope handy for me!! Happy dad, nobody is sad!!

I found a recipe on YouTube for a partial mash Chocolate/vanilla stout. That will be the next batch!! I cant wait man!!!

sounds great. vanilla bean is super expensive right now i paid 22$ for 3 good looking Mexican beans. i made a Czech vanilla pumpkin spice pilsner. so far no aroma off the 3 beans :(

my only advice is treat your water with a campden tablet and try to keep fermenting temps low. i place my buckets in water and add ice as needed after primary is done and things slow down i remove from the water and let it sit and my basement temps.

Back