2nd batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIM-MAY

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips i have gotten here. This is an imperial blond kit from brewers best. Couple more kirs then most liking goin to expand to maybe all grain? This one even kinda has a sam type taste.

image.jpg

Thanks for all the tips i have gotten here. This is an imperial blond kit from brewers best. Couple more kirs then most liking goin to expand to maybe all grain? This one even kinda has a sam type taste.

Can you heat 6.5 gallons of water to exactly 161 degrees? Can you accurately weigh grains? If you can do these 2 things you can do all grain. It isn't as difficult as you are led to believe. Read up a bit about BIAB brewing as it simplifies all grain.

I wish I'd not even messed with extract brewing myself. All grain is about as simple as making a giant batch of sweet tea. Heat water to the right temp, put a sack of grains into that water in a big container, wait an hour and then pull out the bag, and you've just made your malt.

Back