2nd batch is done bottle conditioning!! Thanks all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenDragon

Reaction score
So after 2.5 months my oak-aged oatmeal stout is done! It did 3 weeks in the primary, 2 weeks in the secondary with some french oak chips, then about a month in bottles.

I stuck 12 in the fridge this afternoon and then had one with supper. DAMN good! Then I drank 2 more, for quality assurance :)

It was a kit from my LHBS but I used different yeast and the secondary with french oak chips was my idea. It was an extract kit but one where you steep the grains/oatmeal at 185F for 50 mins in a grain sock before adding the LME.

I've now done 2 extract kits, and after this weekend I'll have done two extract kits that required grain steeping. I think my next one after this weekend's IPA may be my first AG.

Anyhow thanks everyone for the answers and info to all my posts. Would have turned out like crap without you!

How is that Newcastle clone?

Very good also.. it was the other one where I had to steep grains. My friends and family loved it.. drank the crap out of it. I only have 3 bottles left :(

Not many of my friends are stout drinkers so I'm hoping this batch lasts a bit longer, plus that wheat beer should be done soon. They can drink all the wheat beer they want (just made it for the wife :) )

Back