2nd batch bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggiweg

Reaction score
Just got done bottling my second batch (a black berry wheat). Looks like it turned out better than I had expected. Can't wait 'til they are ready to be cracked open!

For my third batch I was dreaming of a chocolate stout or porter. And what does anyone think of adding some orange (maybe zest?) to that mix too. Not really a big fan of dark beer but I am trying to experiment as much as possible and expand my beer drinking tastes in the process. Also if anyone knows any good recipes for something like that a link would be appreciated.

Congratulations on the beer! Though there is nothing worse than having beer in the bottle and knowing you can't drink it.

I'm not a huge fan of dark beer myself, though I did just brew a Baltic porter. Still another week or so before its ready to drink do I hesitate to push my recipe on you (even though I know it will be good).

Orange zest should meld nicely with a good chocolate stout.

I would like to check out your recipe, right now I am looking at this one that uses cocoa powder and extract syrup.

Back