$25 off $25 item on eBay - 1 lb citra hops for <$4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnagel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This applies to anything on eBay really but coupon code HAPPY25 gets you $25 off $25 on anything on eBay so I bought a pound of citra hops for <$4. Apparently it doesn’t work for everyone but worked for me last night.

1CEF83BB-59C0-4A7A-BF5A-FE2804273938.jpeg

Could be a personal code, offered only to certain accounts.

I received a "personal" $39 coupon last December. Made buying 2 shucked but brand new 12TB hard drives suddenly very lucrative. ;)
Mine could have been an incentive to buy something soon, offered to accounts that haven't bought anything in awhile.

Could be a personal code, offered only to certain accounts.

I received a "personal" $39 coupon last December. Made buying 2 shucked but brand new 12TB hard drives suddenly very lucrative. ;)
Mine could have been an incentive to buy something soon, offered to accounts that haven't bought anything in awhile.

Definitely not personal. It’s posted on other sites with others using it. I’ve heard it might be only for people that haven’t used ebay in awhile but even that doesn’t seem to be always true.

I saw the code a couple days ago and I'm still trying to decide what to buy. I initially put 1 1/2 pounds of hops in from HopHeaven, but then I also saw one of the kegland bucket blasters as well.

FYI, you need $25 before shipping.

I saw the code a couple days ago and I'm still trying to decide what to buy. I initially put 1 1/2 pounds of hops in from HopHeaven, but then I also saw one of the kegland bucket blasters as well.

FYI, you need $25 before shipping.
I went back and forth on a few things. Really don’t need anything in that price range. Didn't want the code to go away so ended up pulling the trigger on the hops since I know I’ll use them eventually.

OK, just checked the lionsbrewing order and it looks like they ship "Fedex Smartpost". Last eBay order I did with seller using this method took 6 weeks, so I'd hold off on firing up the strike water heater for now...

EDIT: Now says USPS, so hopefully will see it sooner, though I have had some delays with non-amazon packages.

Last edited:
OK, just checked the lionsbrewing order and it looks like they ship "Fedex Smartpost". Last eBay order I did with seller using this method took 6 weeks, so I'd hold off on firing up the strike water heater for now...
Oddly enough mine is getting delivered early (Today) even though it was also sent smartpost.

I have been on eBay for 25 yrs so code worked for me. Not sure if they check ur signin date or not
I've been on eBay for 21 years maybe a little more. From what I understand is this code will work with eBay members who have been with them "Since the Early Days". I'm not sure where that cuts off, but it sounds like a reward for long term members.

Anyhow, I bought a pound of 2019 Comet and Idaho 7 for $20 shipping included after using this code. I figured that's a pretty darn good deal for two pounds of hops.

Didn’t work for me. I signed in as a guest since I haven’t been on eBay in 15 years and don’t know my account info.

Just a heads up -- make sure you block the entire number off, when I can see any pixels of the numbers in the middle, it makes recovery trivial.

I'm sure it doesn't matter much in this case, but I want to make sure you are all safe out there!

The YCH site is virtually unusable with mobile devices, you pretty much need to go at it from a computer. Their selection is limited. The cascade is a great deal, though, $8/lb shipped. They were out of stock for a while, so maybe this new batch is 2019. Will be at least 2018, though. The red YCH package is always either 2018 or 2019, the green packaging is 2017 or prior. Everything I've bought through that site has been either 2018 or 2019 and very fresh regardless.

@smata67 : a while back I saw the older stock for sale at the YCH site; I'm on it now...can't seem to find the link anywhere. What am I missing?

Just go the site (must do this on a computer, other devices have issues), select cascade, select t-90 for product type, select 1x2oz for product size. Should come up as .99. So 1lb for $8 and that includes shipping. They ship very fast, maybe FedEx 2 day.

https://shop.yakimachief.com/cascade.html

Ahhhhhhhhh...gotcha. I went through all of their hops on the website. That's a great deal on Cascade...too bad I just bought a half pound through another online retailer like a month ago...haha.

Back