240v Outlet Placement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhollist

Reaction score
All,

Hoping to get my new sub-panel and outlet installed in the near future and was wondering where most people have these installed relative to the brew stand?

Above? Below? Left? Right? Would love pics of general layout too.

I have a good idea where everything is going to go, but am now getting down to details on placement.

Thanks!
Jeff

I'll have the placement of the outlet below the control panel (at the typical residential receptacle height). It will be to the left of the brewstand because that's the side that my control panel is on. Having it this way will ensure that the power cable cannot be tripped over, no matter much I've drank.

Don't have mine yet, but the electrician didn't have any complaints about what I wanted. I have two garage doors with about a foot of space between them, and i wanted the outlet on that little space, that way I could wheel my stand out towards the middle of either side of the garage, or outside. We didn't talk about the height, so I assume the standard height. This way i have the most options when I brew, and I'm not tied to one corner of my garage.

Latest posts

Back