24 hour fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its called Alcotec Turbo Yeast. It is for making high percentage wine, or liquor, Not so much for beer. Any users with some feedback?

The only thing I've ever heard about it is that it makes a pretty nasty tasting wash. If you're about to get into a discussion on distilling, don't. We avoid those here.

The only thing I've ever heard about it is that it makes a pretty nasty tasting wash. If you're about to get into a discussion on distilling, don't. We avoid those here.

I dont understand...I cant talk about distilling? In this section of the forum? or on HBT?

"What is it that you're fermenting, if you don't mind my asking....."

Well actually Im just about to pitch yeast to a "Balls to the Walls Dodge Challenger Chocolate Blackberry stout" but with regular brewing yeast. Im not actually fermenting with this 'Alcotec' yeast I just saw it in a store and a friend of mine is looking into using it.

this is taken from the HBT rules:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Distilling is illegal in the US.

You can ferment with it to your heart's content. The result probably won't taste good. The second you start distilling the not-so-good-tasting result is when you've committed a crime.

Back