220v/110v ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogwolf

Reaction score
All right all you sparky my question is this I'm building a biab system that will be 220v but I want to hook up a pump as well on 110v if I use 1 hot leg and the netural is that 110v or not.that's all that I'm confused about.thanks in advance.

All right all you sparky my question is this I'm building a biab system that will be 220v but I want to hook up a pump as well on 110v if I use 1 hot leg and the netural is that 110v or not.that's all that I'm confused about.thanks in advance.

Yes. With 220/240 coming in on two hot wires, you have 110/120 for each hot relative to the neutral. So, by wiring between one of the hots and neutral you get 110/120 for your pump.

Before wiring up something that can kill you, I strongly recommend that you spend considerable time understanding how control circuits work and how to do them safely. If you don't completely understand what you are doing and why, get someone with suitable knowledge to help you.

Brew on :mug:

Latest posts

Back