California 2023 Homebrew Convention

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

Knightshade

<Insert Snarky Comment Here>
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It was supposed to be at Town & Country Resort back in 2021, so that makes sense that it would be there again for 2023.

Looks like they've been going to that location for awhile, just found an old link for 2015 where they were at that location as well.

Reaction score
See Zymurgy Magazine Sept/Oct 2022, p 12 for info on the 2023 conference (as well as info on upcoming availability of the 2022 educational session recordings).

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I've been to two homebrewcons in San Diego so far and they've both been at the Town and Country. I'm actually a bit surprised that they are still doing it there because it was getting pushed to its capacity pretty hard. I remember the lines at the little cafe for a coffee and breakfast sandwich being pretty frustrating. There's a mall about 1/4 mile away that you can walk to.

redrocker652002

Reaction score
Having never been to one, is it a newbie friendly thing to visit? I would make the trip from San Francisco and make it a little mini vacation for the wife and I. But, being pretty new to all of it, I am wondering if it would be over my head.

Reaction score
I am wondering if it would be over my head.
I have attended in the past. There were were educational sessions across all experience ranges. I went to the topics I was interested in - even if they were described as more advanced than I was.

I would make the trip from San Francisco and make it a little mini vacation for the wife and I.
If you go, don't overlook the various evening activities. I'll suggest planning so that you can attend club night.

rallenhall

Reaction score
I've been fortunate to attend half-a-dozen in the past 20 years and consider the NHC a pilgrimage that every homebrewer needs to make at least once. As mentioned, there are sessions for all levels and interests, and I find myself spending hours in the commercial areas talking over equipment and ingredients with vendors (and picking up freebies). Wife goes along on the social ticket (she enjoys the evening sessions), but is out doing her thing in the city during the day while I'm in sessions. We treat NHC very much as a vacation that we both enjoy.