2020 FotD Secret Santa Beer Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• PXL_20210128_235428398.jpg
    PXL_20210128_235428398.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
I'm glad you liked it man! I figured it wouldn't be too hard to figure out who sent you the beer since I'm listed as being in Orlando LOL

UPS kind of gave it away with your full name as the shipper. I looked at it and thought, man that looks familiar and then remembered your HBT user name. I'm excited to dig in to the rest this weekend!

I meant to post this a few days ago, but the Metaform Blackberry Sour “IPA” was delicious.

These are all some really interesting - and really delicious - beers (and hard seltzers) so far. Next up is the Neveragain Extreme Triple Raspberry Gose. :)
HOMES makes great beer. Food isn't half bad either (looking at you @orionol73)

Beautiful box indeed! Thanks HopsNTails! Had one lost soldier, didn't open the package due to the broken glass, but it was certainly something barrel aged.

I'm excited, never had Pliny before. And to my recipient, I should have it mailed off this week.... sorry.

Attachments

• 20210201_175230.jpg
    20210201_175230.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 41
Beautiful box indeed! Thanks HopsNTails! Had one lost soldier, didn't open the package due to the broken glass, but it was certainly something barrel aged.

I'm excited, never had Pliny before. And to my recipient, I should have it mailed off this week.... sorry.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!! what was it that broke? Probably a stout. That's exactly why I ship a teensy bit more than the maximum allowed. Sorry @Thorrak

“I hereby understand that beer and packing peanuts are not interchangeable”
I definitely included over 2oz of packing peanuts. They are clearly not interchangeable. I maybe used a shite box, though. This clearly explains the extra oz’ of the good stuff. What I really want to know is @SailorJerry , did the vac bag contain the beer, or is it a waste of time and money? I try to leave extra room in the bag for just such an occasion, but don’t know if it’s fruitless

I definitely included over 2oz of packing peanuts. They are clearly not interchangeable. I maybe used a shite box, though. This clearly explains the extra oz’ of the good stuff. What I really want to know is @SailorJerry , did the vac bag contain the beer, or is it a waste of time and money? I try to leave extra room in the bag for just such an occasion, but don’t know if it’s fruitless

i think he was referencing going over the 128 limit to make sure they received enough beer in the event of breakage, rather than saying you didn’t add enough peanuts.

The vac sealed bag contained most of the beer, but not all of it. Not sure if the broken glass punctured the bag and caused a leak? Must have...
The packaging was excellent, I'm surprised something broke. Heck, the box was in great shape too!

I think we're just about finished (I show one final box outstanding) . That said, although I don't think it's a mystery to anyone, here is the list of Santas/Giftees:

@aharri1's santa was pshankstar
@jschm19's santa was aharri1
@gromitdj's santa was LBussy
@fourfarthing's santa was orionol73
@JCasey1992's santa was Jerbrew
@rsquared's santa was mullet6577
@jerbrew's santa was TwistedGray
@CTownBrewer's santa was gromitdj
@SailorJerry's santa was HopsNTails
@brandtrepair's santa was jimyson
@orionol73's santa was SailorJerry
@HopsNTails's santa was Thorrak
@jimyson's santa was CrookedLaker
@dpinette2's santa was LoneTreeFarms
@LoneTreeFarms's santa was fourfarthing
@TwistedGray's santa was brandtrepair
@mullet6577's santa was CTownBrewer
@UncleD's santa was afro_lou
@pshankstar's santa was JCasey1992
@CrookedLaker's santa was rsquared
@JamesonFan's santa was UncleD
@Thorrak's santa was jschm19
@afro_lou's santa was dpinette2
@LBussy's santa was JamesonFan

Thanks again to everyone for participating - See you next year! (and go join the next round of FotD! Fellowship of the Drink XXIV: Now we have a case )

Me, I'm the outstanding box. It has a shipping label on it and ready to get picked up. I'm sorry, don't kick me out of next years because I sucked this year :)

Back