2020 FotD Secret Santa Beer Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packages, packages, packages...who has the packages!!
Santa stopped by my house! These look great and I can't wait to dive in!
20210121_222206.jpg

My shipping status hasn't been updated since wednesday. It was tracking for delivery on monday. 🤞
If is going ground and cross country, you'll have several days of no updates while it's on a truck between distribution centers... Made me a bit nervous the first few times tracking just seemed to stop the day after I dropped it off.

If is going ground and cross country, you'll have several days of no updates while it's on a truck between distribution centers... Made me a bit nervous the first few times tracking just seemed to stop the day after I dropped it off.
Yeah i'm used to it when i'm sending to one of the coasts, it just always bugs me and i wanted to contribute to the convo, and let my unknown recipient that he should start the week off with a bang.

Santa had a nice surprise for me yesterday:

View attachment 715523

I may have actually said "ooh!" as I was unwrapping these. Thank you Santa!

I happened to be in Florida and was able to get my hands on some Ghost in the Machine. I can't normally get that here in Ohio, so I figured I'd spread the joy, given I was Santa and all.

I happened to be in Florida and was able to get my hands on some Ghost in the Machine. I can't normally get that here in Ohio, so I figured I'd spread the joy, given I was Santa and all.

+1

The distance from me to the receiver is MUCH shorter than the distance from where the beer came from. I covered the salary of a few postal workers from all those boxes, lol.

Now if the receiver would find their damn way back on HBT!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, they owe me a beer!

+1

The distance from me to the receiver is MUCH shorter than the distance from where the beer came from. I covered the salary of a few postal workers from all those boxes, lol.

Now if the receiver would find their damn way back on HBT!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, they owe me a beer!

IMG_2541.jpg

Hahaha, sorry for my absence. I saw the box from Salinas and was excited. Thought I was getting some Alvarado street. Nope, super wrong. Lo and behold, all of these beers (except the HB) are from West Virginia! Nice little trick you played there @TwistedGray . The blue things tasted a bit off but this was a cool surprise. Lots of Saisons too which I can appreciate. FYI, been wearing this hat since I got the box, thanks again TwistedSantaGray

View attachment 716206
Hahaha, sorry for my absence. I saw the box from Salinas and was excited. Thought I was getting some Alvarado street. Nope, super wrong. Lo and behold, all of these beers (except the HB) are from West Virginia! Nice little trick you played there @TwistedGray . The blue things tasted a bit off but this was a cool surprise. Lots of Saisons too which I can appreciate. FYI, been wearing this hat since I got the box, thanks again TwistedSantaGray

That trick came at a cost, lol, but since I drew SoCal's Finest, I thought I would treat you to some hometown goodness!

Now, for some geography...follow along if you want to know where I grew up : )

Put your right hand out in front of you with your open palm facing upwards, and now make a fist (bend your arm up a bit so you can see the fist). Now stick your thumb out to the side, pointing to the right, and stick your middle finger into the sky. That's the shape of West Virginia! Charles Town is way out towards the edge of your thumb (remember, right hand).

Anyways, I am super happy to see them still in business given the majority of the 304 will eat the balls off a racoon and drink the piss of a doe. Craft beer to them is breaking out the reloader, sighting in the bow, or crawling under one of the eight cars in the yard looking for a part to get the 9th one "running" (and yes, I resemble(d) all that).

ps: My hat is blue, and that Opequon Kreik looks as clean and clear as the real one ("Oh-Peck-In" Creek).

That trick came at a cost, lol, but since I drew SoCal's Finest, I thought I would treat you to some hometown goodness!

Now, for some geography...follow along if you want to know where I grew up : )

Put your right hand out in front of you with your open palm facing upwards, and now make a fist (bend your arm up a bit so you can see the fist). Now stick your thumb out to the side, pointing to the right, and stick your middle finger into the sky. That's the shape of West Virginia! Charles Town is way out towards the edge of your thumb (remember, right hand).

Anyways, I am super happy to see them still in business given the majority of the 304 will eat the balls off a racoon and drink the piss of a doe. Craft beer to them is breaking out the reloader, sighting in the bow, or crawling under one of the eight cars in the yard looking for a part to get the 9th one "running" (and yes, I resemble(d) all that).

ps: My hat is blue, and that Opequon Kreik looks as clean and clear as the real one ("Oh-Peck-In" Creek).

Are you sure you're not from where I grew up in Stockton, CA? sounds a lot like it.

I had a few thoughts when I realized it said WV on the can:
- Charles Town? really? So the capital (I know all the U.S. capitals as a party trick) is Charleston and there's a Charles Town in this small state? SMH
- They have craft beer is WV? Good for them!
- That's a long way from home, he must have had to plan that out pretty good.

I appreciate the effort and sampling something I would otherwise probably never have tried.

Are you sure you're not from where I grew up in Stockton, CA? sounds a lot like it.

I had a few thoughts when I realized it said WV on the can:
- Charles Town? really? So the capital (I know all the U.S. capitals as a party trick) is Charleston and there's a Charles Town in this small state? SMH
- They have craft beer is WV? Good for them!
- That's a long way from home, he must have had to plan that out pretty good.

I appreciate the effort and sampling something I would otherwise probably never have tried.

Hell, they even have a few Main Streets : )

Back