2018 OK State fair home brew comp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Br3w4u

Reaction score
Is anyone else competing? I am entering an American IPA and an international pale lager.

That's pretty cool you can do that. I wish we could enter beer for the Texas State Fair.

I have never seen it done at the Oklahoma state fair before but I haven’t gone in a couple of years. I thought the Texas state fair had EVERYTHING. I have heard about some good food there. The food venders at our fair are required to buy their food supplies from the state fair park. Kinda screws some things up like crispy cream donut burgers. They are just burgers in a normal donut instead, no bueno. “Strong” beer has to stay in this little roped off bar area too. You can walk around with a giant bud light all day though. Sorry I got off topic there for a minute.

Yeah, we have all the crazy food but no home brew competition. I have friends that have entered in the California and Washington state fairs. We have some pretty dumb laws regarding homebrew here, I wonder if that's the reason.

Back in 1992 or so I entered a wine in the OK State fair. It's only real quality was the ability to put out a fire or clearing a sink. Still won 7th place. Aparantly, there was no 8th place. The judges probably never recovered. That was the last wine I made. Sticking to beer.

Latest posts

Back