2015 GLBC Lake Erie Monster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewprint

Reaction score
I bought an overpriced 4 pack last week to give it a shot. Is it just me or does it just taste awful this year? I don't remember it being this bad before.

Maybe my palate has changed so much at this point that I can't even stand to drink this stuff.

I used to drink it more in the past just to get a buzz. I just don't remember it tasting awful.

That's what I've been thinking too.

In the past Lake Erie Monster was deviously easy to drink for its ABV and at a good price. The hops are a bitter harsher now and the body seems a bit sweeter without either change balancing out the other.

Yeah that sounds about right. The one 4-pack I bought will be my last this year.

It is just extremely unbalanced.

Hmm I enjoyed it more this year than I did last years. It's been a hit or miss with Great Lakes lately though. My girlfriend and I go eat there quite a bit and I love all of the pub exclusives they have. But their bottles releases lately have been just ok. The spring sampler was just mediocre. I love the Alberta Clipper on tap but when it was released in bottles I didn't care for it as much. Love them to death, but with all of the new breweries popping up around here, there's a lot of other beers that I buy now instead of theirs.

Back