2014 NHC Entry/Recipe Form Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvault98

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I should fill out the ingredients, process, etc of the entry form for the 2014 Regional Competition? This is my first time entering and on the AHA website it says recipes are only required if you make it to the final round and since I can't seem to find any way to digitally edit the form I think I would have to hand write everything in for my entries. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Only certain styles are you supposed to provide the specialty ingredients on and my entries are not in those categories. Is it in my best interest to fill out all of the info on my entries by hand? Is there any way at all to do this electronically since my handwriting is terrible and the form is pretty small. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if I should fill out the ingredients, process, etc of the entry form for the 2014 Regional Competition? This is my first time entering and on the AHA website it says recipes are only required if you make it to the final round and since I can't seem to find any way to digitally edit the form I think I would have to hand write everything in for my entries. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Only certain styles are you supposed to provide the specialty ingredients on and my entries are not in those categories. Is it in my best interest to fill out all of the info on my entries by hand? Is there any way at all to do this electronically since my handwriting is terrible and the form is pretty small. Thanks in advance!

You don't need to provide a recipe for the first round. If you make it to the second round you'll be able to enter your recipe info in the software.

In addition to what cadillac said, I would say DON'T write anything by hand. You only need your bottle labels - rubber banded to your bottles. The bottle labels will have been printed by your printer. Your bottles need to be non-descript, as well as the labels.
Recipes are only needed if you advance. This first round is very generic and easy. Pick a style, print your labels, mail it in, hope for the best.
If/when you do advance, you'll get further instructions and you'll be able to edit your entries in the online software - enter your recipe then.

Cool thanks everyone. I definitely planned on printing out the labels, just was thrown off by not being able to enter all of the recipe stuff since this my first time entering the NHC and all other competitions I have entered I provided this info. I guess I was just over thinking it once I saw all the fields on the entry form.

Latest posts

Back