2012 AHA National Competition, what did you enter, and are you going to Seattle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What categories did you enter?

• The lights 1, 2, 6

• The ambers 3, 7

• Dark lagers 4, 5

• English and Scottish 8, 9, 11

• American Ales and IPAs 10, 14

• Stout or Porter 12, 13

• German and Belgian 16, 16, 18

• Sour, Strong, or Fruit 17, 18 20

• Spice, Smoke, or Special 21, 22, 23

• Mead, Cider, or Perry 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
I saw a thread about registration, but how about one to post what you have entered, and if you are making the trip to Seattle? Since the forum restricts poll questions to 10, I had to combine some categories, but could be interesting to see what we all brew and consider our "best" for the competition.

Me, the Colorado imperial red rye that I put on Red Stag soaked oak in category 23, and the pale ale I had on grapes and oak in category 10.

choice 7 should read 15, 16, 18 :)

Chocolate cheery stout, American IPA, Lavender Saison and a pumpkin ale

Our Canadian national championship is also our NHC regional. I will be putting in something like 18 entries: 1A, 1B, 1D, 1E, 2A, 2B, 4C, 5B, 5C, 5D, 8A, 8B, 9C, 13F, 14C, 22A, 22C, 23. Our regional does not (I believe) have the huge number of entries that are common in the U.S., and I'm sending some beers that I know aren't medal contenders just to support the competition. I hope three or four make it to the second round, but that might be aiming high.

ESB, only got a 21 last year, Made some tweaks to my process.
Cant wait to see how i do this year.

I've been keeping track for the last 8 years on how many of which styles are entered. The one style that is really slumping are Scottish ales while Stouts are always have the largest amount of entries.

I'm heading to Seattle!! :) Who else is?

I also entered a Bitter, a Mild, a Lambic and a Flanders Red.

Neither of my two made it past the first round, but I am going anyway, FUN!

Back