2011 MLB chatter/trash-talk thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambledegg81

Flocculation Nation
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Second half of the season upon us...obviously, being a rabid Giants fan, I'm a bit biased, but let's hear some predictions, insights or otherwise nauseating critique of our beloved game. :rockin:

NL: Philly looking #1 in the east with the way their offense has been--Brewers might be taking the central with Fielders working the bat like a freaking magician, and naturally Giants taking the west since Arizona (being the only viable threat) has a bullpen with some really under-experienced pitchers & not much going offense-wise lately.

AL: Calling Boston v Texas for the pennant, both taking their respective divisions--central is a tough call with Lions & Indians tied at the half, so no decision there as of yet.

I'm a die hard Yaknees fan ( yeah, I know). But I think this year they are poised to putter out like they have so many times in the past. With so many guys on the DL, I fear another crash and burn post season.

I mean, 16-7 vs Toronto???? FU Bartolo.

Well being from the tomahawk nation I have hopes that the braves pitching will send them past philly, but its tough. But definitely nl east is the division for nl right now. Boston is hot hot hot, the indians I think may fizzle out. And please shut the hell up about derek jeter, he blasted 3k and gives his fans the middle finger for his all star invite!

In Texas we have to get a solid reliever cause our bullpen just isn't going to cut it this year. The angels are scary it will be a two horse race in the west. Central I'm taking the tribe, east the sox. NL giants of course, I'm falling for the bucs also, Philly is a beast and braves with the WC

Well, it's post-All Star game, so I guess it's time for the Twins to head to the top of the AL Central, and get there by game 161 or so. :D

Second half of the season upon us...obviously, being a rabid Giants fan, I'm a bit biased, but let's hear some predictions, insights or otherwise nauseating critique of our beloved game. :rockin:

NL: Philly looking #1 in the east with the way their offense has been--Brewers might be taking the central with Fielders working the bat like a freaking magician, and naturally Giants taking the west since Arizona (being the only viable threat) has a bullpen with some really under-experienced pitchers & not much going offense-wise lately.

AL: Calling Boston v Texas for the pennant, both taking their respective divisions--central is a tough call with Lions & Indians tied at the half, so no decision there as of yet.

Boston pitching has injuries, so expect Rays to make up some ground on them (and yanks). Hard to imagine my Rays winning AL East, but I'm pulling for them to make the playoffs anyway.

Lions? You mean Tigs, heh? Cleveland has been losing steam since their fantastic start, and Detroit seems to be picking it up, and I expect them to win their div.

The Phillies are gonna be tough to beat. Big Atlanta fan and I think it will come down to the wire, but if I had to bet I'd put money on the phillies. Wildcard looks real good for the Braves though. Make it to postseason and who knows.

Oh, Braves pitching made a great appearance in the All Star game. Hope it is indicative of the rest of the season.

Back