2009 NHC entries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Northeast Reagion

Category 1 Light Lager

1 1b Philip Jensen of State College, PA

I guess the score would be a 37 as that was the max for the category.

Hooray for the Orange Kitty Zoom! I guess that tells me the recipe is good enough to put in the HBT database.

I put HBT as my club, but I guess we're not recognized as such yet

My high score was a 41.5 for my CAP, my low was a 27 for a cider, most everything else was around 35.

Some great results guys. I look forward to seeing you get a medal in Oakland!

Yeah, 29. They announced that last week on the Sunday Session and it was the first thing I checked. Wonder how many were new beers or ones that have just been sitting in his cellar for years and years.

8 B and 8C are English Pales. Those couldn't have been sittinsg around too long, but yea, I bet alot were cellared in that damned shed.

Belgian Dark Strong aged in a Jack Daniels barrel for 4 months. (Tennessee Dark Strong ;)) The original beer was brewed last June. Wasn't expecting this at all. Hopefully the second round proves nice....

I actually was one of the judges for that beer. It was very good, I think I finished the bottle after the miniBOS. That was a very hard flight to judge, there were a lot of really good beers in that category.

DSC01211.JPG

Damn that is a beautiful sight!

Congrats to all who placed.

The Austin Zealots totally rocked in Old West, though none of my entries placed. I will definitely plan on brewing more entries for next year after consolidating the comp feedback from this year.

I scored a 39 in Category 10C, the web says that the top score for Cat 10 in the SW was 39, and I didn't place. What does that mean? Does it mean that a bunch of people scored 39 and I just missed the cut?

There were 46 entries, so it's possible that you lost in the mini-bos.

Did anyone from the South Region get their scoresheets yet? I did not advance but I would like to get some feedback hopefully.

Placed two out of the four sent in. Still waiting on score sheet.

Great Lakes Region
Cat 9 - 3rd place - 9D
Cat 14 - 2nd place - 14B

My single entry of 22C, Oaked English Barleywine scored 38.5 in the Northeast and the only ding was that it was a little too alcoholic. I totally agree because it's 13% ABV which is just out of style for an English.

Bobby, when did you get your scoresheets?

I am still waiting for mine but maybe they are waiting and going to put it in with any swag they send from my porter??????????

Very curious to see what happened with my Rauchbier.......

I heard, but did not get details, that 'something happened' to the south region score sheets. I've yet to get mine.

I have not received my sheets either, man I really hope that nothing happened to those sheets.
Please post with more details if you get them.

Got mine this morning. El Dictador IIPA scored a 44, the judges ate it up. :ban: Must have had some tough competition since it didn't even make the mini-BOS round.

The other two entries I knew were screwed up but I entered them for the feedback, and the judges had great comments, so I'm happy overall.

Got mine this morning. El Dictador IIPA scored a 44, the judges ate it up. :ban: Must have had some tough competition since it didn't even make the mini-BOS round.

The other two entries I knew were screwed up but I entered them for the feedback, and the judges had great comments, so I'm happy overall.

Nice job Sacc! I had one last night....mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Man, I averaged a 37.33 on my Old Ale. Max score was 39 Must have gotten kicked at the mini-bos.

I'll submit the same beer next year and see what happens.

JZ's 29 is impressive, but don't dismiss Gordon Strong's 19 entries that are moving on.

Latest posts

Back