20 Gal Electric Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atoughram

Reaction score
Similarly equipped models from Brewers Hardware and Stout Tanks are priced within a few dollars of each other.

I'm leaning towards the Stout at $503

http://conical-fermenter.com/BK20TW-TI-EL1.html

seems like an aweful lot of money though... Any other good options? I'd like a whirlpool fitting, and a 1.5" TC for the element.

Spike brewing

Agreed lol

Here is our standard 20gal eBK with whirlpool

Boil Kettle_20.jpg

I had a customer in the store with one of the stout kettles! They are pretty bad a$s! Nice looking stuff. I think you will he happy with it for a long time... Ya know till you go to a 55 gallon..LOL

Not that Bens stuff isn't. I have just never seen it.

Cheers
Jay

I have 30 gallon stout kettles and I can tell you that something I didn't consider when i ordered the kettles was the amount of hardware that they came with. Triclamp crap adds up.

If I were to do it again I would order all 3 with custom bottom drain so that I could CIP all the kettles. The MT is bottom drain so that works but the BK would be nice. I'm going to weld in a triclamp ferrule into the bottom of my BK so I can CIP.

Just some random thoughts...

I have 30 gallon stout kettles and I can tell you that something I didn't consider when i ordered the kettles was the amount of hardware that they came with. Triclamp crap adds up.

If I were to do it again I would order all 3 with custom bottom drain so that I could CIP all the kettles. The MT is bottom drain so that works but the BK would be nice. I'm going to weld in a triclamp ferrule into the bottom of my BK so I can CIP.

Just some random thoughts...

I agree - That's where the price difference disappeared with Brewers Hardware. The Spike Brewing kettle has me interested though, most of my existing hardware can installed onto it.

I like the tangential whirlpool on the Stout tanks but not for $200 extra...

I'm 100% Brewers Hardware, eherms hlt with sight glass, mash tun, brew kettle, all bottom drain and electric, and couldn't be happier.

^^^ Nice... I have my SB 20g kettle with a custome TC element welded on and the sight gauge... Love it. Its still way less than Stout and its all welded here in the USA. My only regret is that I didnt go with all TC fittings when I ordered it. Other than that. Its freaking bangerang!

I'll be replacing my MLT next - and I've already got the quote.... I didnt get the sight gauge on the kettle because they have markings on the inside already. I only use the sight gauge for brew calcs and its way more important on my HLT - which I dont need to replace. 15 gallons is big enough. I'm looking forward to getting it and brewing with it. It's going to have to wait until the first weekend in June I think.

We hate to discriminate but the shipping is just so expensive to Hawaii. This was quoted to Honolulu but if you're not in populated area the price skyrockets from there.

One of the trade-offs for living here. Those are the shipping prices we get used to.

Wet tested good! 5500W ULWD Element able to bring 15 gallons of water 2f/min temp raise! Cleaned and ready to brew!

2016-06-03 12.34.17.jpg

Inaugural Brew - 10 gallons of SAMM I Am... I'm a happy camper... Worked better than a keggle... @spikebrewing I'll be ordering the MLT this week. Thank You...

2016-06-05 11.48.58.jpg

2016-06-05 13.22.31.jpg

That's a nice looking hop cone! How did the side pickup wort!?

Worked awesome! I need to adjust my settings in Brewsmith, but other that that, it was great! Like I mentioned, MLT is next, my current keggle/false bottom is lacking, something was sticky and it was either the false bottom or the valve on the pump.

I'll send you the drawing (You already have it) and send me and invoice.

Inaugural Brew with Spike Brewing....

Before the brew,

#32 pounds of grain...

Heating the strike water

Doughed in!

Nailed my target temp - 148f (Hefeweizen)

2016-06-26 11.10.19.jpg

2016-06-26 11.49.39.jpg

2016-06-26 11.57.24.jpg

2016-06-26 12.13.35.jpg

2016-06-26 12.22.49.jpg

Boiling 18 gallons - I love electric...

Picture perfect Whirlpool cone...

All clean and put away!

A Happy customer! Thanks #spikebrewing!

2016-06-26 14.23.33.jpg

2016-06-26 15.48.23.jpg

2016-06-26 17.23.40.jpg