20.00 Palmer Kits !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woah. What's going on there? Double IPA knocked down from $62 to $20. Are the kits old or something?

Bought 5. 3 for me and 2 for a buddy. Cant beat that price, plus it's nice to do extract every so often.

Again, not a game changer, but still don't see it in the ingredients list. Help a brother out. :mug:

Quite a few have sold out already, but for example, there's this Biere De L'inde English IPA.

On the very bottom of the DESCRIPTION:

Recipe Includes : Briess CBW Dry Malt Extract (DME), Briess Crushed Steeping Grains, Steeping Bag, Hops, Brewing Instructions, Recipe Instructions

Of course you need to use your own yeast, or buy one you like.

Saw it after my post. :D Not a big deal for sure.

Edit: Will be using my own washed yeast.

Edit, Edit: Would have been nice to see "All Grain" vs. "Extract", but I digress. My oversight.

Saw it after my post. :D Not a big deal for sure.

Edit: Will be using my own washed yeast.

Edit, Edit: Would have been nice to see "All Grain" vs. "Extract", but I digress. My oversight.

You can brew any of those recipes from the book using all grain. About $20-30 a batch I reckon, using your own yeast.

The Hop Hammer at $62 original price must have been worth it for the hops alone, unless you buy hops by the pound. Realize, they are all older recipes, not as heavy on hops as we do them today.

If you buy the kits, and brew all grain, you can repurpose the DME for making starters for a year or more.

Same here, but sometimes it's nice to do extract here and there to have a bit quicker brew day.

Funny thing is, I started with AG 1G batches, didn't know any better and certainly didn't know what I was doing. I only found out later that most people started with extract and then (maybe) move onto AG.

Extract was foreign to me at the time. Now I don't mind doing one on occasion, but my set up is for AG. :mug:

Pissed I missed out on the double IPA deal, that's a hell of a deal. Debating if I should buy the other IPA or something

Just ordered the English Brown Ale kit, going to my local Brew shop and going to try white labs 013 London ale yeast

Austin Homebrew has these on sale....$20. I just got the ones I ordered from AIH and I must say, they are the nicest kit I've ever seen. Everything is packed in individual gold mylar bags. All Briess malts. That English IPA has three different hops, 7oz. total. Color instruction sheets, muslin bags, malting enzyme pack (i don't know what that is). It is a steal of a deal.

20170515_104937.jpg

Anyone ever try the "north of the border Vienna lager" from them? Thoughts?

Received my kit today. Exactly like the pic above, but for the IPA. Looking forward to giving this one a go. I mean, it's from John Palmer, so can't be bad right? Only I can eff it up. :D

That's what I ended up buying, I usually use NB's kits, but for the price I just had to grab one

Will be interesting to see how yours comes out and how mine comes out. Should be able to brew this upcoming weekend....then again, maybe not. Kids are home from college. :D

Received my kit today. Exactly like the pic above, but for the IPA. Looking forward to giving this one a go. I mean, it's from John Palmer, so can't be bad right? Only I can eff it up. :D

This is what I thought as well. I'm guessing this is a limited time thing, since they first started selling these kit. Next week another shop will probably have the deal. I immediately bought 3 more (thru austin homebrew) after I got mine in this morning that I bought from AIH. I would suggest everyone stock up. Hell, the extract and or hops alone in most kits are worth more than 20, plus there in Mylar that blocks out light and oxygen. But wait, theres more, i recognized on of the recipes from one of his books....and briess name is on the box as well, so they have a hand in this. The kits I opened today were tottaly true to style and were not cheap. The British ipa has 7oz.of hops, three separate kinds and all the grain/extract is also British. Legit.

Got my IPA kit yesterday, was impressed with the packaging of all the products, can't wait to try it out.

Not bad for $20 and the $13 I had in my paypal account from a partial refund from a month ago lol

Any results on these yet? I just got three on sale. I had planned to use the ingredients in other partial mash recipes, which is what I generally do with sale kits. But I am pondering making one to spec, maybe the amber.

I just brewed the wheat beer to spec. It's pretty decent. My dad liked it, which is the main reason I got it.

I'll be doing the amber next. Was thinking of adding some dry hops to it. Maybe Amarillo, centennial and simcoe.

I ordered the saison and am curious about the recipe. Find out soon enough I suppose.

Reporting back: the Saison is great! Still young yet (3 weeks to bottle plus 3 weeks since), but it is really good. Recommended.

I re-used the yeast (Belle Saison dry) for a cider. We'll see.

Edit: this kit is now on sale for $29. Not as much of a bargain, but still a good price.

I just purchased the Glorious Abyss Black IPA, Nutcastle brown, and Saison. I added the alcohol booster packs to all of them. Total was 66.96 shipped. Can't beat that!

I purchased two kits - the Amber for $13 and Cream Ale for $20. I see in this forum a number of other brewers purchased and were excited to brew the kits however I cannot find any reviews of the finished product on the internet. Has anyone actually brewed a kit and tasted the finished product? The kits look beautiful and are a great value but no reviews.... Also, some homebrew shops are selling at less than half retail and Palmer's website no longer links to "buy direct from manufacturer" hmmmmm

I purchased two kits - the Amber for $13 and Cream Ale for $20. I see in this forum a number of other brewers purchased and were excited to brew the kits however I cannot find any reviews of the finished product on the internet. Has anyone actually brewed a kit and tasted the finished product? The kits look beautiful and are a great value but no reviews.... Also, some homebrew shops are selling at less than half retail and Palmer's website no longer links to "buy direct from manufacturer" hmmmmm

I just purchased the Oatmeal Stout and Saison kits. I brewed the Saison on Sunday, and will update when it's ready. Overall the kit was packed nicely, and instructions were clearly written. I'm normally an all grain brewer, but didn't want to brew outside in the heat, so I picked these up. Gotta get the pipeline going again, just kicked my last keg of homebrew.

Took a hydrometer sample a few minutes ago. It's sitting at 1.004, I used dry yeast, Belle Saison. The sample tasted great. I've never brewed a Saison, but have had a few commercial examples, and this kit seemed to nail it. There was definitely peppery flavors in there as well as fruityness.

I pitched the yeast at 66º and just let it warm up on it's own, made it to 76º. I will likely let it sit for at least another week or two before I keg it.

I just tried the Snatch the Pebble Pilsner (6 percent/4oz. of american saaz hops) pre-carbed and pre-fined. It's already good. I used the saflager 23 yeast and let it set for over a month, probably 6 weeks before kegging. This sealed the deal and I'll be buying more. AIH and Austin Homebrew are still giving this stuff away.

Back