2 years later.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastAndy

Reaction score
So tonight I found the last bottle of the first batch I ever made. It was an extract brown ale, Brewers Best I believe. At first I didn't know if I should open it or not. I decided to give it a shot figuring it has had just over two years to age and condition in the fridge and really wanted to taste just how far I'd come as a brewer. When I took that first sip it brought me back to exactly where I was in life 2 years ago. I had just moved in with the woman who last April became my wife, and had no idea what this hobby would become. It tastes exactly as I remember it, now I can tell that it was fermented warm, over carbed but generally ok. I could never have imagined two years ago that I would be where I am today but I'm glad that this beer has been a part of my life and the journey. Here's to many more for all of us that have made homebrewing and beer in general a part of our lives.

Cheers to those first batches and what they will become.

:mug:

Makes me think of when my girlfriend, now wife to be, would come over and help me bottle while I would sing Hank III songs that she couldn't believe I knew the lyrics to.

I remember my first batch. Lived with a friend in a trailer home half way to every place we needed to be. So we called it the halfway house.

This was back in like '90 or '91. I brewed a Mount Mellick American Light. It was drinkable, but didn't taste exactly like the beer I was drinking at the time.

I brewed a few times between then and about 7 years ago, when I started brewing quite often. Still have my original carboy, bench capper (given to me by my friend's dad), and hydrometer.

No, there isn't any of that original batch left. I did find a couple of bottles of some of the stuff I made when I got back into it about 7 years ago. Cidery, dry, cardboard, beer-like drink. I poured out all 6 bombers.

image-3223659631.jpg

bchurch said:
Thanks for the laugh

Edit* see above picture...... Damn mobile app.

Don't feel bad, I can't bring pics up in my quote either, and if I want to include multiple pics they all drop down to the bottom of the post. iPhone app needs some work

Back