2 weeks until the party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LateraLex

Reaction score
I'm doing a low-key marriage next week, and then throwing a pretty large BBQ/party for friends on the 25th. It dawned on me to create a quick wedding brew that the masses would enjoy, and keep me from buying a few cases of bottles on top of the other costs.
So... on the 3rd (a week ago) I brewed up variant of American Amber, with an OG of about 1.069. I pitched it correctly with dry yeast (1.5 packs of 05), but haven't had a chance to take an gravity reading. I did quickly dryhop it just a day ago, and am now trying to make the best use of my remaining 2 weeks.

What I think my options are:
1. Would it be better to let it continue to ferment in primary for an additional 1.5 weeks, then boost carb in my keg for just 2-3 days
OR
2. Let it ferment one more week (for a total of 2 weeks), boost carb it for 2 days, then let it condition in the keg at the correct PSI for an additional 3 days?

I was initially leaning toward option 2, but thought I'd get your thoughts on what would make a better beer.

I would start with number two, check your gravity, and if you are done, should be good to move on. A week after dryhopping is about as long as you'd want to go anyway to keep those flavors from getting too "grassy". But I'd bet you'd be safe with either option.

Thank you for posing this question, I am in a similar boat, and was about to ask the same...

So I am tuned into the answers! :mug:

I too like option 2, but I am just a noob, so what do I know?!? :)

Back