• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Georgia 2 Vessel Electric Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerzrus

Reaction score
Please see pictures and inquire for more details...

15.5G Boyou Classic Kettles
5500W Elements

Homemade panel w/Auber SWA-2451 controllers
50A SPA panel
image9.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg
$800 OBO

No, it has a switch to toggle between. Both controllers do stay on if the main power switch is on. It would be easy to change this if you're interested in purchasing.

If you use a cooler MT then 10G batches are easy with traditional AG techniques you'll have a BK and HLT. For the last few years I have only brewed 5G batches. I use sort of a batch+sparge method.

I'll use 12 gallons as the total H20 volume to keep it simple.

- Add 6G to HLT/MT, bring to mash temp
- Dough in then mash for 90min
- Add remaining 6 gallons to BK, heat to sparge temps once mash is 15 min away from complete
- After 90, mix then recirculate the mash until clear.
- Drain off wort (into small 5G pot) until grain bed settles a bit (with a high water to grain ratio this is needed, plus need room for more sparge water)
- Add 6 gallons of sparge water slowly from BK into MT while still draining wort into my 5G pot
- When 5G pot gets full I stop the wort and finish transferring my water if not done already
- Dump the 5G pot of wort into the BK and start the heat
- Finish sparging until I get what I need

The rest of the brewing process is normal. Some may worry about too much water on top of the grain bed and getting a stuck sparge, I have not had that issue but I sparge slow.

David

If anyone looks at this and is only interested in the kettles let me know what you can offer.

Back